Some Inspiration to be an Empowering Woman from our Queen, Beyonce

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Millersville chapter.

When you think the words ‘girl power,’ there are so many different, amazing women that come to mind. The first ones to jump into my head are Emma Watson, Michelle Obama, Malala, and Coco Chanel. There is one woman, though, who makes such an impact on the women of today not only because of her activism, but because of her sheer confidence in herself and her belief that women can be anything they want to be.

Her name is Beyoncé.

She’s been the lead singer of Destiny’s Child, an actress, a dancer, an activist, a performer, a designer, one of the most successful solo artists in the world, and a mother. She’s an icon and a role model, and even though she’s been in the face of controversy more than once, she’s always been classy, making sure none of it negatively affected her image or her career.

Beyoncé is an amazing example of female empowerment, as she’s worked hard her entire life to end up where she is, not allowing anyone to bring her down. March is Women’s History Month, and even though Beyoncé may not be a historical figure just yet, honoring her is an amazing way to honor girl power. Therefore, to build your confidence and make you feel more connected to the queen herself, here are some of Beyonce’s best, most empowering quotes.

“Power is not given to you. You have to take it.”

“If there’s one thing I’m willing to bet on, it’s myself.”

“Your self-worth is determined by you. You don’t have to depend on someone telling you who you are.”

“I don’t have to prove anything to anyone, I only have to follow my heart and concentrate on what I want to say to the world. I run my world.”

“The world will see you the way you see you, and treat you the way you treat yourself.”

“Why do you have to choose what type of woman you are? Why do you have to label yourself as anything?”

And, of course,

“Who runs the world? Girls.”

Ladies, whenever you’re feeling in need of a little inspiration or a little empowerment, just start channeling your inner Beyoncé. Remember that even when you’re having some trouble believing in yourself, our Queen Bey always believes in you.

Keep slaying, ladies, and don’t let anybody bring you down. 

HCXO, Lola

*All images courtesy of Pinterest.com

Lola Itzhaki

Millersville '19

Lola is currently a senior at Millersville University studying Early Childhood Education and has a love for art, music, plants, and coffee. Writing is something she has always loved, as well as traveling. A major goal of hers is to travel the whole way around the Earth and experience the different cultures across the world.
The top fashion and lifestyle magazine for college women! Located in Millersville, PA <3