samantha gades BlIhVfXbi9s unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
samantha gades BlIhVfXbi9s unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp
Life > Experiences

Sensational Sydney

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Millersville chapter.

I had the pleasure of getting to sit down and learn a little bit more about my fellow writer Sydney. Sydney is a freshman here at Millersville, studying Communications with a concentration in theater. In the future, she hopes to work as a props manager and travel with a theater company.

I started off our interview with a fun question, asking her what color crayon she would be in a fresh pack of crayons. Her answer was the “moral equivalent of the darkest black.” I think this really speaks to her personality and the dramatism that goes with working in theater. Sydney’s biggest inspiration is theater as a whole. What really inspires her about it is the “innovative ways of storytelling that theater does.”

The arts in general is a big inspiration to Sydney. To her, every part of theater is mesmerizing. This especially comes to her through working on a show and seeing it be put together. She describes it as transformative and versatile. She tells me that she can always be found doing something in the arts because it challenges her mind.

Sydney is also someone who keeps herself busy and throws her everything into her work. Most of her free time is spent getting work done as she seeks to always stimulate her mind. Ever since she was a child, she’s been “very curious” and is “always trying to achieve more.” It’s admirable how much energy she puts into perfecting her craft.

To end our chat together, I wanted to ask her a pretty lax and creative question. I asked her: if a penguin walked through that door right now wearing a sombrero, what does he say and why is he here? She made a little story for our penguin friend, that she named Sir. He had just come back from a dress up party and wanted to join Her Campus. 

To read some of Sydney’s articles, check her out here!

HCXO, Jenna

Jenna Case

Millersville '20

Hello! I'm Jenna, I am an Applied Engineering major from Harrisburg, PA. I love to spend time with my family, and write! In my free time, I can usually be found watching Netflix or bullet journaling. For more about me, you can follow me on my Instagram @jennaccase