flufftok?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
flufftok?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp
Amazon

Rom-Com Books for Valentine’s

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Millersville chapter.

February and Valentine’s Day week means reading some fun romantic comedy novels! As many of you know, I love to read, and one of my favorite genres is contemporary rom-coms. There is just something about them that always lifts my spirits and makes me smile. Here is a list of a few books that I personally loved, and I hope they inspire you to grab one off the shelf, cuddle up in a warm bed, and read the night away!

Anything written by Casey Mcquiston

Okay, so Casey McQuiston is the BEST at contemporary rom-Coms, and I have read two of their books: Red, White, & Royal Blue and One Last Stop. THEY ARE JUST SO PERFECT. Red, White, & Royal Blue was their first book, and was also the first one I read because it blew up on the book side of TikTok (which has been deemed BookTok, appropriately), and I could not put that freakin’ book down. I don’t want to give anything away (and honestly, how have you NOT heard about this book or what it’s about), but it is so cute and so worth a read. Their other book, One Last Stop, is just as fun and gripping, but with an added heist plot and a little bit of fantasy thrown in there. I love how McQuiston’s books make me feel, and they are definitely great for this week to get you in the mood!

The Love Hypothesis by Ali hazelwood

WOW WOW WOW. This book took me by surprise. This was another one that was growing popular on BookTok, and I was intrigued to say the least. I didn’t realize that this book was indeed a Star Wars fanfiction but am I happy I read it? Hell yes. It’s got everything you would ever want, and then some. Fake dating? Check. A love interest that is protective over his girl? Yup! A main character that ISN’T annoying? YES! I literally forced my friend to read it and it got her back into reading, so I highly recommend this book. It is kind of science-y, but coming from someone who HATES science, it’s still a very very good book!!

These are all of the rom-coms I have had time to read recently, but there are PLENTY more on the shelves if these didn’t inspire you! Happy reading!!

HCXO,

Bri

Bri Clark

Millersville '24

Hey! I'm Bri and I am a sophomore at Millersville University majoring in Middle Level English Education. I love insanely cheesy literature, iced coffee (lots of it!), hanging with my dogs, fall-scented candles, indie/alt music, and binge watching television. I am so excited to continue writing for the HC Millersville team!