Remembering Dr. Lisa Schreiber

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Millersville chapter.

DR. LISA SCHREIBER

09/19/1967 – 07/04/2017  

Lisa Marie Schreiber was born September 19, 1967. She grew up in the town of Bettendorf, Iowa, with her brother and parents. She has a Bachelor’s degree in Communication from Truman University in Missouri, and a Master’s of Arts from the University of Omaha. She gained her doctorate in 2002 from the University of Nebraska-Lincoln. She moved to Millersville in 2007 with her two sons, Dylan and Nathan, and began teaching at Millersville University as an associate professor in the Communication and Theatre Department. She also is founder and editor of the free, open online resource Communication Studies book, The Public Speaking Project.

Dr. Schreiber traveled around the world to places such as Thailand and Germany, immersing herself in different cultures and ways of life, which benefited her in her teaching and classes. Two of her favorite things in life were flowers and gargoyles. She loved the vibrant colors of different flowers as well as gardening to create beautiful landscapes.

Dr. Schreiber was very passionate about what she taught. She brought personal experiences to each and every class and would tell stories of her travels around the world. Her passions and the way she would speak about her experiences through life brought a new dimension to her classes and allowed her to connect with her students and create a lasting impression. She valued hardwork and loved to watch her students succeed in life, all while giving them the tough love her students and advisees needed to come successful college graduates.

Lisa Schreiber touched many lives during her time here. Her colleagues spoke highly of her and valued her opinion. She left behind two sons: Dylan, 18, and Nathan, 15, and several students who looked up to her as a role model and mentor. She will always be remembered and cherished by so many. 

*Please join us in celebrating the life of Dr. Schreiber on September 19th and 20th by donating gently used/like new clothing(business or casual items) and new personal products (toothpaste, shampoo, soap, deodorant, unopened makeup) for the South Central PA Dress for Success chapter. All items can be dropped off between 11 am – 2 pm in the Student Memorial Center. Tables will be located outside the University Store and the Juice Bar. Dress for Success South Central PA is a program of Suits to Careers, Inc. The organization provides professional clothing to those seeking employment.*

Jordan Ettien

Millersville '17

A recent 2017 grad from Millersville University of Pennsylvania! I hold a bachelor's of science in business administration with a concentration in marketing! I am addicted to Starbucks, cute dogs and candles from Bath and Body Works! When I am not working as a Chapter Advisor for Her Campus or as a Marketing Manager for my full time job, you can find me at the gym teaching Pilates!