Recipes to Make with Leftover Thanksgiving Food

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Millersville chapter.

Thanksgiving is one of my favorite holidays, I’ll use any excuse to eat food all day. My family always makes so much extra food for Thanksgiving that we always end up throwing a ton away. I’m going to tell you five ways to reuse your leftovers!

1.Soup 

I love eating soup, especially when it’s homemade; soup is good for the soul. My mom makes an amazing soup with the leftover turkey carcass. All you need is the carcass and whatever else you normally put in your soup. You’re going to boil the carcass for about an hour, then enjoy. 

2.Fried mashed potato bites 

I feel like every family has a bowl of mashed potatoes on the table during Thanksgiving, and my family makes about two huge bowls. All of those extra potatoes can be turned into a delicious, fried snack. All you need to do is add an egg to your mashed potatoes and then cover them in breadcrumbs. Fry them up and your good to go! 

3.Yogurt with Cranberry Sauce on Top 

Yogurt is something I always have for breakfast and adding cranberry on top makes it so much better. All you need is your leftover cranberry sauce or dried cranberries and you’ve transformed your yogurt into something special. 

I hope these recipes make you rethink throwing away your leftovers. The possibilities are endless. You could change these recipes around and make something incredible.

Victoria Hodges

Millersville '21

Sophomore
The top fashion and lifestyle magazine for college women! Located in Millersville, PA <3