Olivia Campbell: People’s Choice

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Millersville chapter.

Name: Olivia Campbell

Age: 20 

Hometown: York, Pa.

Major: Sociology

Year: Sophomore

Instagram/Twitter: @danc3r9

Hobbies: Dancing, singing, drawing/art

Campus activities: Expressions Dance

How long have you been dancing? I have been dancing for 11 years.

What styles of dance have you done? I have taken jazz, ballet, tap, hiphop, pointe, contemporary, lyrical, broadway jazz and I’ve tried Irish (and failed because of the whole keeping your arms stiff thing).

How long have you been in Expressions? This is my forth semester

What do you teach with Expressions? I currently teach Beginner Hip-hop.

What was it like being in Miss Millersville? It was a great experience! All of the other girls participating were so friendly and I think we all enjoyed our time. I loved  just being able to be me on stage.

Did you help out in anyway besisdes particpating? I choreographed the group dance in the beginning to “We’re All In This Together” from “High School Musical.”

How did it feel to represent Expressions? I felt so honored being nominated by Expressions to represent. I was doing this for my entire organization and I really hope I made them all proud.

Did you win anything? People’s Choice (I got the most money in my personal box)

What was your favorite portion? My favorite portion was probably costume portion because I dressed up as Minnie Mouse.

Overall, how do you think it went? I think it went well! I think (and hope) everyone involved had fun and really enjoyed themselves. Also, the audience seemed to enjoy the show!

What did you do for your talent? For my talent, I danced to “Gospel Truth” from the Disney movie, “Hercules.”

What is your favorite style of dance to preform? I love performing hip-hop and contemporary. Hip-hop allows you to really let go and put on a great performance for the audience. Contemporary allows you to tell a story through not only the dance but the emotion too. I can’t pick, I love them both.

Would you participate in it again or come to watch? If Expressions really wanted me to do it again, sure! But I’m definitely coming to watch next year!

The top fashion and lifestyle magazine for college women! Located in Millersville, PA <3