This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Millersville chapter.

Happy Holidays Everyone!

The magic of winter is upon us and it is now time to join with your own holiday spirit. I would like to begin with my lasting thanks from November before we head into December. This year, as I’m sure you have all heard time and time again, has been hard on our own mind and body. I am therefore thankful to my parents, my baby brother and my closest friends for their love through this year and the next. I hope to give you as much if not more of the same love and respect you have bestowed upon me. For all of those reading, I am thankfulf for your interest in anything I have written and I wish you the most strength and happiness in the coming year. I am also grateful to have a platform to share my most cherished thoughts and passions. That being said, here is my top 10 holiday songs that I have compiled through the years and I would say it is not up for debate, but that is for you to decide. 

• Carol of the Bells by Pentatonix 

– My best friend when I was little showed me this rendition of carol of the bells beside my entertainment center in the corner of my house many years ago. This is just one of the songs I remember her by; we miss you Juli.

• Last Christmas by Wham! 
  • It’s Beginning to Look a Lot Like Christmas by Michael Bublé  
  • Underneath the Tree by Kelly Clarkson 
  • Driving Home for Christmas by Chris Rea 
  • Like It’s Christmas by Jonas Brothers 
  • White Christmas by George Ezra 
  • My Only Wish (This Year) by Britney Spears 

– I used to sit in my old bedroom on my far from comfortable maroon rug and listen to this through my barbie cd player. Oh how carefree I long to be again. 

• The Christmas Song by Nat King Cole 
  • This Christmas by Donny Hathaway  

As we part on this day, I commend your courage to plow through the days of this year and the obstacles your life has set in your way. Let this be a reminder to you that you are exactly where you need to be and to never stop wishing for that thing you desire. I love you very much. 

With Admiration, 

Devon Leigh – HCXO  <3

Devon Lewars

Millersville '22

Hi I'm Devon!!! I am a history major with a double minor in Theatre and Archaeology and I live in an apartment with my bff Hannah. I love compiling playlists on Spotify, watching period dramas, and spending all of my money. Yep, that's it. LGBTQ+ <3
The top fashion and lifestyle magazine for college women! Located in Millersville, PA <3