HC MU members at Her Carnival 2020
HC MU members at Her Carnival 2020
Alyssa Dicker
Life > Experiences

My Hardest Goodbye

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Millersville chapter.

I’ve pretty much dreaded the day I had to write this article ever since I started writing for Her Campus. I joined HC Millersville my first semester of school, I was nervous to make new friends and to live my new life at college. I had a tough time making friends in high school since I transferred to a new school in 11th grade, so I was terrified that all my college years would be spent alone. 

That wasn’t the case though. I met my people the moment I walked through the classroom door and am now walking away with lifelong friends. I joined the Millersville chapter to ease my nerves about college, but it’s completely changed my life. Everyday I am so thankful for all the amazing, empowering, and strong women I have been able to meet, and am even more thankful I get to call them my friends. I feel like I have so much to say with so little time, but believe me, Her Campus has entirely changed my life for the better. 

To Nakiah, Maddie, Emily, and Briannah, 

I am so glad you all joined Her Campus this semester, you’ve been such amazing additions to our team and I love seeing everything you’ve written. I know Her Campus hasn’t been ideal with Covid, so I hope your future semesters can be filled with a more traditional experience. 

To Samantha, Hannah M., Riley, Maeve, and Taylor, 

I missed seeing all of you in person this semester. I hope you all keep up the amazing work that you’ve been doing. I’ve definitely missed conversations across the room during icebreakers and playing bonding games during meetings. 

HC MU members at Her Carnival 2020
Alyssa Dicker

To Brianna, Devon, and Hannah O., 

I wish we could’ve experienced College Fashion Week again this year together. You three never fail to make me smile. Devon and Hannah, I miss being your neighbor and walking back from meetings together. I’ll never forget showing up to our costume party dressed as The Rock and Devon walking in with the same costume. You three are so inspiring and I can’t wait to see what you do in the future. 

To Kate, Laura, Kasidy, and Valentina,

I want to start by thanking you all so much for all your hard work on the executive board this semester. I’m so glad I got to work alongside you to make this semester happen. It may not seem like a lot, but none of it would have been possible without you. I can’t wait to see what you all do in the future because I know it will be amazing.

To Rachel,

You are such a light. Ever since our interview night last year for ‘meet the author’ articles I knew that you had the passion and drive to do anything you put your mind to. You have such a good heart and I’m so glad I got to work with you this semester. Keep up all the hard work, you’re going to do such great things. 

her campus millersville members holding pumpkins
Original photo by Jenna Case

To Alex, 

It has been an absolute pleasure to be president alongside you. You have been a dream to work with and I will still laugh to this day about the awkward phone call with nationals for our transition paperwork. You are such an amazing friend and you never fail to make me laugh. Thank you for all of the hard work you’ve put into Her Campus now and in the future. 

To Cecilia,

Thank you for being the friend I needed the most. You came into my life when I felt like I had nobody, and I have no idea what I would do if you never joined Her Campus. You put so much heart into everything you do from your articles to your friendships. I know you’re going to be such an amazing president next semester because of how much you care about HC and because of your dedication. 

HC MU at Her Carnival
Alyssa Dicker

To the HC alumni and Alanna,

Thank you to Carlee, Erika, Hannah, Lola, Alyssa, Lexi, and Alanna who welcomed me to Her Campus with open arms and became some of my best friends. You all are so empowering and inspiring it almost hurts. I’m glad I found friends that will photoshop me into the group picture if I can’t make it to an event. I want to thank you for always supporting me and for showing me the joy of having my own ‘girl gang’. Thank you for building up a club that anyone can feel welcome and accepted. 

To quote Winnie the Pooh, “How lucky am I to have something that makes saying goodbye so hard.” I’ll never forget my time in Her Campus and I hope that I gave someone the feeling of love and acceptance that I received in my time here. 

HCXO for the last time, Jenna

Jenna Case

Millersville '20

Hello! I'm Jenna, I am an Applied Engineering major from Harrisburg, PA. I love to spend time with my family, and write! In my free time, I can usually be found watching Netflix or bullet journaling. For more about me, you can follow me on my Instagram @jennaccase