To My Friends From High School Who Stayed

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Millersville chapter.

To the friends I kept after high school, I want to say thank you. We don’t see each other often, as we all go to different universities, but I still think about the times we get to see each other. Our endless group chats as we reminisce on the good days from Friday night cheer to homecoming and Prom always makes me smile. You don’t usually keep the friends you made in high school, but I’m happy I still have all of you.

(Image courtesy of Pinterest)

People change and life goes on. We meet new people and develop new friendships. But we managed to stay close, even if we only talk a few times a month. When we do get together, I realize how much we’ve changed, but for the better. We drink wine, travel, and have successes that deserve attention. I’m so proud to call you my friends. We have all accomplished many great things during our time in college.

When we do get to see each other, nothing changes. We’re still the girls we met in high school, middle school, and elementary school. We play just dance, laugh over the smallest things, and talk about old times. We talk about cute boys and the boys who broke our heart. We share secrets and talk about old inside jokes that don’t make any sense. This is reminding me that we need to plan a girl’s night over winter break, ASAP.

Thank you all for sticking by my side, even after high school. I wouldn’t be who I am today without you. We’ve all made wonderful new friends, and I hope we are all just as weird around them as we are with each other.

With Love,

Jordan

Jordan Ettien

Millersville '17

A recent 2017 grad from Millersville University of Pennsylvania! I hold a bachelor's of science in business administration with a concentration in marketing! I am addicted to Starbucks, cute dogs and candles from Bath and Body Works! When I am not working as a Chapter Advisor for Her Campus or as a Marketing Manager for my full time job, you can find me at the gym teaching Pilates! 
The top fashion and lifestyle magazine for college women! Located in Millersville, PA <3