My Five Favorite Women’s Empowerment Quotes

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Millersville chapter.

As always, it’s important for women all around the world to feel the empowerment and ability to do anything that they want to do. Here are five quotes I personally love about women empowerment that will hopefully give you the same sense of empowerment they give me!

“I raise up my voice—not so that I can shout, but so that those without a voice can be heard. … We cannot all succeed when half of us are held back.” -Malala Yousafzai

Malala is an inspiration to all of us, and I feel this quote is very important not only to women, but for everyone. It’s important to not only strive to lift yourself up, but also those around you.

“It took me quite a long time to develop a voice, and now that I have it, I am not going to be silent.” – Madeleine Albright 

This quote means more to me than the other quotes. Sometimes in the science field, even just in my labs in college, people will talk over me because I am a woman. It took me so long to develop a voice for myself and now that I have it, I’m not as willing to go back to being talked over.

“A woman with a voice is, by definition, a strong woman.” – Melinda Gates

This quote is similar to the last one in the sense of what message it sends. It’s important, as a woman regardless of the field you are in, to be strong and speak your voice. So many great strides in humanity would have never happened if a woman didn’t speak up. 

“There’s something so special about a woman who dominates in a man’s world. It takes a certain grace, strength, intelligence, fearlessness, and the nerve to never take no for an answer.” -Rihanna 

I love Rihanna so much and what she is saying here is a very important lesson that every girl learns very early. My mother, who is my role model, had to work very hard to be respected in the medical field. Even now, she is still struggling when new male doctors come to the hospital and question her knowledge in her field of expertise. But she is strong, intelligent, and fearless. 

“There is no limit to what we, as women, can accomplish.”- Michelle Obama

I hope every single girl learns this. I hope every one of my friends realizes this. This is the most important thing you can learn growing up, there is no limit. I hope every little girl reads this quote and works toward the life she’s always dreamed of living. 

You can be whoever you want to be. You can do whatever you want to do in life. Live the life you want, don’t let anyone stop you from doing that. 

HCXO, Becca 

Rebecca Freeling

Millersville '22

Hi I'm Becca! I'm a Biology major with a concentration in Environmental Science at Millersville University. I spend my time writing, and training my service dog in training :)
The top fashion and lifestyle magazine for college women! Located in Millersville, PA <3