This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Millersville chapter.

I don’t really think I have a specific style. I take a lot of inspiration from the art student aesthetic and from a vintage kind of style. I asked my mom what she would call my style and she said, “Retro Nerd.” I also prioritize comfort and practicality in anything I wear or accessorize with! Since I’m not fashion savvy, I thought I would put together some of my favorite things in my closet!

Fjällräven Kånken

This is kind of a basic one, but I have wanted a Kanken since I was about 13. I just recently got one and it is amazing! They are honestly kind of pricy, but they’re super durable and last forever. It has a nice simplicity to it, and they come in a ton of different colors. They may look small, but they hold a lot more than you would think. 

Overalls

Overalls are super cute, and are perfect for fall weather. They look nice while still comfortable enough to have fun. Plus, you can use them to transition from summer to fall depending on what you put under it! For a fun summer outing, pair your overalls with a short sleeve tee shirt. For fall activities like apple picking, place a sweater under! They are super versatile. 

Sculpture Earrings

I honestly have no idea what these are actually called, but I feel sculpture earrings are fitting. I love the look of these earrings because they’re so unique and really add an artistic quality to any outfit. These earrings can range from simple designs to rather complex ones. It’s really up to you how you want to style them!

Dr. Martens

I love these boots with my entire soul. They do take a while to break in and it hurts during the process, but these boots will last you a life time. These are the only boots I bring to college and they fit my every need. 

Scrunchies

This is another kind-of basic one, but I wear them all the time. They are more than just something to hold your hair up with. Scrunchies can most definitely become an accessory. I love to buy fancy scrunchies and wear them as bracelets, plus you’ll have an emergency hair tie if you need it! 

Grandpa Sweaters

Grandpa sweaters are those oversized men’s sweaters from the thrift store. These are the most comfortable sweaters I own, and they look super cute tucked into jeans. They are also super comfortable for wearing with leggings to the library. 

These are just some of my favorite things from my closet! They are super cute and comfortable. I hope you can get seom ideas to spice up your wardrobe!

HCXO, Jenna

Jenna Case

Millersville '20

Hello! I'm Jenna, I am an Applied Engineering major from Harrisburg, PA. I love to spend time with my family, and write! In my free time, I can usually be found watching Netflix or bullet journaling. For more about me, you can follow me on my Instagram @jennaccase
The top fashion and lifestyle magazine for college women! Located in Millersville, PA <3