This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Millersville chapter.

I am a big lover of fashion, crafts, accessories and cute aesthetic things for around my house! Throughout the pandemic especially, I have formed a love for showing my support for small businesses and Etsy storefronts more than ever before! There are a few businesses, that completely have my heart that I have purchased from quite frequently or would purchase from again! Here are my top 2 favorite small businesses to support and a few of my favorite Etsy storefronts!

Tinted Ivory Boutique

Tinted Ivory Boutique is the place to go for the cutest and trendiest pieces for a reasonable price without skimping on the quality. I currently own a Corduroy Puffer, a tie up top, a terry cloth set, a bandana top and a pair of jeans all from Tinted Ivory that I am absolutely OBSESSED with. Not only is the fit, quality and cuteness amazing, but the time it took to get to me was unbeatable, plus the owner is so personable, which is something I really look for in a small biz. If you love neutrals and warm colored clothing with a pop of vibrancy, then this is the boutique for you! I would highly recommend checking out and supporting @tintedivoryboutique on Instagram or .com for your next shopping spree!

HeyBay.Closet

Over quarantine I found HeyBay.Closet and instantly became obsessed. I have found some of my all time favorite pieces from this Instagram-run business for a fraction of the cost! The owner Baylie is a young girl who started this account for fun to sell some of her clothes and has become so successful in the process. She thrifts all of the pieces she owns and sells them on her Instagram lives. This girl is the queen of thrifting…I swear. She finds brands like Lululemon, Free People, Levi’s, Topshop and so much more and sells these high quality pieces for the best price. Next time you need a good shopping trip, check out @heybay.closet on Instagram, I can’t recommend her page enough.

Favorite ETSy storefronts

Let’s face it…i’m quite literally obsessed with Etsy. Whether its for a Christmas gift, birthday gift, accessories or clothes for myself or teacher must haves, the first place I check is Etsy. I have found some of my absolute favorite gifts I’ve given on here as well as things I have bought for myself.

Some of my favorite storefronts are WorkofHeartGifts (for the cutest personalized drinking glasses for any occasion and so much more!), livyloudesignsco (I got the cutest personalized coffee glass from this shop for a great price and the quality was chef’s kiss!), VrabiDesign (a virtual design storefront that personalizes a high quality piece for you! I got one of my roommate and I for our apartment and it is the cutest thing ever; and when I wanted to change something about the first one, the owner was so helpful, which is always a plus in a small business) and SwagBrewery (I got my boyfriend a set of Beer Infused Hot Sauces from this company and it was such a unique gift to give! Perfect for the guy in your life, I would 10/10 recommend).

Small businesses will always hold a special place in my heart, and I love to support them as much as I can. The next time you need the perfect gift, or want a little something special for yourself check out these small businesses– you will instantly become obsessed and wanting more!

HCXO, Sami

Sami Cordner

Millersville '22

My name is Sami Cordner and I am a senior Early Childhood Education major with a minor in STEM at Millersville University graduating in December 2022. I have been dancing for 19 years and recently accepted a position as a dance teacher! I also enjoy cooking, shopping, writing, reading and spending time with the people I love the most. My favorite articles to write are about relationships, experiences and lifestyle! After college I hope to become a 2nd or 3rd grade teacher!