This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Millersville chapter.

Netflix has become my new favorite thing to do every night before I go to bed. I have watched almost all of the popular shows on Netflix, and I was getting bored with watching the same shows over and over again. I decided I should branch out and change my TV platform, so got a Hulu account and started looking for a show to watch. I had heard a lot of buzz about this show called “The Handmaids Tale”, so I figured that I would give it a try. Little did I know that I would be sucked in and forced to binge three seasons in a week. 

The show takes place in the near future, the fertility rate is at an all-time low, so a group of men called Gilead to take control of America. They take all of the fertile women in society and force them into the role of Handmaids. The women are also stripped of all their rights and are forced to live with a family ruled by a male. They are all given red dresses to where which symbolizes their role as a Handmaid. 

I highly recommend that you watch this show, each episode is riveting, and you will want to watch every second of it. Rotten Tomatoes gave this show 94%, so this show will not disappoint. I have to warn you though; you may get addicted so you should give yourself plenty of time to watch a few episodes. Everyone has been talking about this show so why not join the craze and check it out for yourself. 

Gif courtesy of Giphy.com 

Victoria Hodges

Millersville '21

Sophomore
The top fashion and lifestyle magazine for college women! Located in Millersville, PA <3