Millersville’s 90s Reflections

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Millersville chapter.

This week we are celebrating the 90s, and reflecting back on what it was like to be a 90’s kid. Millersville students share a few of their fondest memories of the “good ‘ol days.”

Jessica Simeral, Graduate Student- Social Work, 2016

“Playing in the neighborhood with my friends, and knowing that it was time to go home when our parents turned on the porch lights.”

Emily Myket- Public Relations, Fall 2015

“I know it’s so cliché, but I miss good cartoons.” 

Kayla Marshall- Psychology, 2018

“The music was way better back then. And I miss being able to go outside and ride bikes after school. Nowadays kids are more likely to stay inside and watch TV.”

Katie Hartman- Psychology, 2017

“I miss playing outside with Skip-It or Moon Shoes. I also miss the great accessories like butterfly clips and scrunchies and slap bracelets. Most of all, I just miss the simplicity of the 90s, unlike now with all the high tech advances that have kids staying inside.”

Image Source: http://brosephyo.storenvy.com/products/2083634-90s-baby-sticker

Rachael Ulmer

Millersville

Major: Multidisciplinary Studies with concentrations in marketing and public relations.Graduation: Spring 2015I have been a writer for Her Campus since the beginning of fall 2014 and have enjoyed every minute of it. I have a passion for fashion and cosmetics, and although I like to keep up with current trends, I also like to stick to classics that never go out of style. I believe that less can be more, and it is always okay to wear red lipstick- no matter the occasion. I lived in England twice, and that culture has influenced many of my interests and lifestyle. Like most brits I love drinking tea and eating fish n chips. Rainy, gloomy days are not my enemy, but rather provide a sense of nostalgia. When I lived in Europe I was able to travel to many countries which has left me with a desire to travel the rest of the world.I lived on a horse farm for several years, which has given me the knowledge and passion for working with horses. I volunteer once a week at a sanctuary in Manheim that rehabilitates abused and neglected horses, and would like to eventually volunteer with exotic wildlife. I love all animals, and currently own a pet hedgehog, named Twix. My career goals would be to work as a marketing or public relations professional in entertainment, sports, or fashion. I have many dreams, some bigger than others. In the meantime I plan on taking small stepping stones that will one day lead there.
The top fashion and lifestyle magazine for college women! Located in Millersville, PA <3