nastuh abootalebi yWwob8kwOCk unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
nastuh abootalebi yWwob8kwOCk unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

Member of the Week: Carlee Nilphai

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Millersville chapter.

Meet one of our newest members and incoming secretary for Her Campus Millersville, Carlee Nilphai! When she isn’t making the perfect vanilla latte at Starbucks and planning all the different ways she can win the EGOT (Emmy, Grammy, Oscar, and Tony awards), she’s kicking butt with her fantastic articles for her chapter. I asked Carlee a few questions so that all of Millersville has the chance to meet her!

1. Why did you choose Millersville? The people here were so welcoming every time I would visit and I felt at home the minute I saw the Starbucks right on campus!

2. What has been your favorite thing about Millersville? The people (especially the ones on my wonderful Her Campus team). I have made the best relationships here and the experiences and memories I’ve made have been unforgettable!

3. Are you involved with any organizations on campus? Besides HC, I am the secretary for Women’s Choir here, I am also involved in Citamard (it’s dramatic spelled backwards) and the All Campus Musical Org (ACMO). I have also been an RA for the past year.

4. What is your favorite thing about your organizations? Again, the people! But I love doing important work and helping wherever I can. The friends I’ve made in the process are just a huge plus!

5. Do your clubs/organizations help at all with your major? I am a print journalism major here at Millersville, so Her Campus is definitely the biggest asset for my future! I am also a theatre minor and a music minor, so being apart of Women’s Choir and the theatre clubs are fun and add to my learning experience.

6. What would you like to do after you graduate? I haven’t narrowed anything down yet. My biggest goal in life is to win the EGOT (Emmy, Grammy, Oscar, and Tony), though I haven’t figured out quite how I am going to do that yet. I would love to write a play or musical, and also maybe a screenplay. I would also love to sing and act. I do hope to eventually work for a magazine or newspaper. The dream job would be The New York Times or Vogue

Along with all of why she loves Millersville, Carlee also shared some interesting facts about herself! She is half Asian, her dad is from Nong Kai, Thailand and she can say Supercalafragilisticexplialadocious 11 times without taking a breath (I tried, I only got to 4).

Make sure you stop by Starbucks at the mall and say hi to Carlee and maybe you both can plan on winning the EGOT together!

*All photos courtesy of Carlee Nilphai

Ashley Haywood

Millersville

I'm a senior English major with a focus in writing studies and I hope to someday write for a publication within in Lancaster area. I drink more coffee than I probably should, my cat is my baby, and I'm obsessed with my planner. You'll always find me on campus in the library with a cup of coffee in hand!