This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Millersville chapter.

Megan at the Walk a Mile in Her Shoes event  

This week I had the pleasure of interviewing one of Her Campus’ very own, Megan Quinn. She came to Millersville from her hometown of Quakertown, Pa and is all set to graduate this spring after five extremely productive years here. We sat down to discuss the many things that have kept her busy in that time, her plans for the future as well as the upcoming Valentine’s Day with her campus cutie. 

Why did you choose Millersville?

I originally wanted to follow in my aunts’ footsteps and become a Special Education teacher and Millersville has a great program. Plus I just really loved Millersville’s campus, so it made sense.

Why did you choose your major?

Public Relations combined basically everything I enjoy which is writing law and business. I couldn’t choose just one, so PR was perfect. I changed my major three times. I went from English secondary ed, to English with a minor in political affairs, then to business marketing. None of the others stuck because I was interested in too many things. I started examining what my purpose was here, and when I looked into all the majors Millersville has, PR stuck out. It’s the jack of all trades of majors.

What is a memory that stands out in your time at Millersville?

My freshman year, my friends and I would kind of sneak into Lyte Auditorium, as bad as that sounds, it was so fun! We liked to sing and play the piano. We joked about starting our own glee club. I really miss that.

What sorts of opportunities have you taken advantage of while at Millersville?

I was an orientation leader my sophomore year. That was the first big opportunity I took advantage of. It really opened me up to strangers and pushed me to be more outgoing. Then I joined Greek life. I’m not in it anymore but it was a great experience. I held several different positions which gave me a lot of responsibility roles.

I have also had three internships while at Millersville. First, I was the Carnival of Majors intern for the Department of Academic and Student Development. Second, I was the Communications Assistant for the University Communications and Marketing Office. Now I am interning La Torre Communications in Harrisburg.

Are you involved in anything on campus?

I was in Student Senate for a while and a member of a couple important committees for that. Eventually things got busy and I had to make some cuts. I also wrote for the Snapper. Currently I am involved in PRSSA and Her Campus!

Megan (center front) poses with some of the members of PRSSA

What is your favorite thing about Millersville?

My favorite place has actually always been the library. Believe it or not, I miss the old library. It’s defects were charming and the history was neat to learn about. It’s something I love about a lot of the buildings on campus, like the president’s building. There is so much great history to learn about this campus.

What is your favorite thing to do on campus?

I have always loved midnight breakfast at the Upper Deck on Saturday nights. It’s such a good deal! I also really love going to Downtown Lancaster and going to places like Prince Street Cafe.

What do you plan to do after graduation?

I ask myself this everyday! I plan on moving back home for a while and getting any Public Relations job I can while I save my money. I would eventually love to work for a Public Relations firm that specializes in crisis management and branding.

What will you miss most about Millersville?

I will miss seeing flyers around campus for all the things going on. I’m always looking for the next opportunity that this school has to offer.

I’ll also obviously miss all the friends I have here. It will be strange not seeing some of these people every day anymore. I will miss professors being around to give me great advice about my future. This place is such a great community.

What is something you have learned here, or some way your time at Millersville has influenced you?

This school has made me so well-rounded, I’ve tried so many new things. I’ve learned so much from the people I’ve met, such as not to judge a book by its cover. It makes you more open-minded. The classes, professors, and other students have just taught me so much and helped me to grow as a person. College just opens up your eyes in a whole other way that the small scale of high school just never can.

What is something you want to do before graduation?

That’s a tough one. After being here five years, I feel like I’ve pretty much done everything I’ve wanted to do . I just mostly want to enjoy my last few months at college as much as I can before I really have to worry about real world things. I’m also hoping to maybe go on my first real Spring Break vacation this year, in five years I’ve never done it!

Favorite TV shows?

Where to start…”Scandal,” “Once Upon A Time,” “Revenge,” “Dracula,” “Vampire Diaries,” “Bitten,” “Shameless,” “True Blood” (when it finally ever comes back), “Dexter,” “Orphan Black,” “The Originals,” “Pretty Little Liars” can’t forget about that; the “Bachelor” and “Bachelorette.” I think that’s everything I currently keep up with.

Where would you most like to travel?

That’s an easy one, Paris! I want to travel anywhere I have ancestors though: Paris, Barbados (I have ancestors who were pirates, in the Caribbean no less!), England, Ireland, Italy, Scotland, and Germany.

Is there anything random that other people don’t really know about you?

I am terrified of bridges. Also spiders, which is a real shame because my room is full of them! I’m constantly hunting them down.

People who don’t know me, don’t know how involved I get in whatever I’m watching. I basically try to interact with the TV!

What do you have planned for Valentine’s Day?

Well he’s keeping our plans pretty much under wraps, so I won’t really know until Friday. He is being very secretive. He already surprised me with a gift, so he doesn’t want to spoil it any further. I plan on surprising him with breakfast in the morning, but other than that I’m still figuring it out. It will be a nice change though, because he’s an early bird, so he’s always making breakfast for me! We kind of celebrated early this year with the gift exchange, but we’ll still do something on the actual day.

Megan and her campus cutie out for a night dowtown

I am an English major with a minor in History. I am a senior at Millersville University about to make my way out into the real world. I would love to keep writing and doing the kinds of things HerCampus has given me the opportunity to do. School and extracurricuar activities keep me busy, so you'll often find me buzzed on caffiene, but in the free time I do have I tend to binge watch way too much Netflix. Awesome friends, an amazing boyfriend, and great music keep me centered. 
The top fashion and lifestyle magazine for college women! Located in Millersville, PA <3