Cameron Smith-Beach Spain Europe Abroad Sunset Mountain Nature Trees Water Mediterranean Sea
Cameron Smith / Her Campus
This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Millersville chapter.

Before we were all sent home to finish the semester online, I was able to sit down and talk with Katie Rimmer, a fellow writer and freshman here at Millersville University. Katie is a Psychology major and originally wanted to become a counselor. After spending some time in the major, she decided that rather than being a counselor, she is interested in pursuing a job working in courtrooms as a forensic psychologist. When asked why she chose Millersville, she said she really liked the psychology department and they were inviting. Additionally, the campus is really beautiful, and it wasn’t too far from her home so she had the nice feeling of living away from home but could still easily go back home if need be. 

After talking a bit more about our beautiful campus and living away from home, I jumped into the fun questions! I asked Katie if she could describe herself as any type of food, what would she be? After thinking for a moment, Katie answered with an avocado. She said she picked an avocado because at first, they come off as average, but once you try them, they’re really good! Avocados also have a lot of benefits in life and are nice to have around. I can fully agree with this because it has been lovely getting to know Katie and having her in Her Campus! We then moved on to talk about what country we would go to if we had the chance. Katie said Greece because it has a nice aesthetic and would be a fun place to explore. Most importantly though, Katie talked about how amazing and peaceful the sunsets would be and would love to go there with her sister. 

The last question I asked Katie was if she could live in any time period, when would it be? It didn’t take her long to come up with an answer, as she quickly said she would want to live during the 1920s. When I asked her if there was a particular reason why she would want to live then, she said it was when women empowerment started to take off and she would like to see and be involved with it. Also, that’s when “The Great Gatsby” was, and it seemed like a fun and exciting time to be living in. 

Getting to know Katie was such a joy and I can’t wait to get to know her even better as we continue to work together in Her Campus. Katie is a wonderful and interesting person and is going to make it far both here at Millersville University and in the rest of life! 

Check out Katie’s articles here.

HCXO, Hannah  

Hannah O'Steen

Millersville '22

Hannah is currently a junior at Millersville University studying Interactive and Graphic Design. She absolutely adores dogs of any kind, plants, cozy rainy days, Studio Ghibli films and speaks fluent sarcasm. Her current goal in life is to graduate with the fewest amount of mental breakdowns possible.