Max Smith ’14

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Millersville chapter.

0in;line-height:15.0pt;background:white;vertical-align:baseline”>Name:  Max Smith
Age:  22
Relationship Status:  In a Relationship
Hometown: Mohnton, PA
Year: 2014
Major: BSE Music Ed / BA History
Campus activities: Marauder Men’s Glee Club

vertical-align:baseline”> 

What’s a funny story your family always tells about you?  When I was little, I thought Michael Jackson was so cool… whenever he’d be on TV I’d come running.

What’s your favorite thing about Millersville?  There’s definitely a small farm-town atmosphere to Millersville.  Yet, if you want, Lancaster city is a bus ride away.

What’s your favorite thing to do in Millersville and Lancaster?  Jam out with my band, Appalachian Graces.

What’s your favorite food? I have a soft spot for Chinese food, sesame chicken in particular.

What is your ideal vacation? I’ve always wanted to go to the British Isles for an extended stay, trace my roots, learn folk music, bike through the countryside with a backpack guitar.

What’s a song that describes your life? At this point in my life, Ramble On

What is your favorite holiday?  Tough to say, though right now I’m really looking forward to May Day (May 1st), by that time, winter is long gone and spring is in full bloom.

What is the most played song on your iTunes?  I spin records mainly, but the album I’ve listened to the most in Itunes is “An Irish Evening” by the Chieftains

What is your biggest pet peeve?  People who talk in the library and computer labs

Who is a famous person you would like to meet? Jimmy Page and/or David Gilmour

Who is your favorite music artist? Hands down, Led Zeppelin

What is your favorite thing to do on a rainy day? Make music!

What is something someone would be surprised to know about you? I live on a farm, we have 12 alpacas, 10 chickens, and a barn cat. I like to go down to the barn, do gardening work, a little carpentry.. just to get my mind off things

What is your biggest fear? Drowning

What is your dream job? Working at Smithsonian Folkways record label, making recordings around the world,  making a living with my band, opening a school on a farm… I have a lot of dreams

Do you have any special talents? I’ve built banjos, I garden, draw,  make music on guitar, violin, banjo, pretty decent at decorating, I can cook, learning to brew beer, anything I really set my mind to..

Where do you see yourself in five years?  I’d love to take a break from school for a bit, travel, work to make my band successful, do some history research…  Eventually move down to the D.C. area to hopefully get a job with a museum/ music educational program.

What’s something you’d like to do before you graduate?  I’d love for my band to be able to Gig in Philly

Elyse Brown

Millersville