Marissa Incitti – ’13

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Millersville chapter.

Name: Marissa Incitti
Age: 22
Relationship Status: Taken
Hometown: Mountain Top, PA
Year: Senior
Major: English
Campus activities: Peer Mentor, Features Editor for the Snapper, and Office Assistant for Career Services.
Hobbies: Reading, writing, and dancing – the cool kind.

What’s a funny story your family always tells about you? – There’s this huge hill in my back yard that we always went sledding down in the winter. It stretches all the way to my front yard and goes right past the side of my house. When I was in kindergarten we had a huge snowstorm that covered my town with 2 feet of white fluffy snow-perfect for sledding. I had just seen one of the James Bond movies and thought it was really cool to get as close to my house as possible without hitting it. Unfortunately, the saucer I was on started spinning. I ended up cracking my skull on my chimney. To this day, you can still see a chip in the cement – and I’m still called hard-headed.

What’s your favorite thing about Millersville? – My favorite thing about MU is how friendly and eager everyone is to help. The people here really make you feel like family.

What’s your favorite thing to do in Millersville and Lancaster? – My favorite thing to do in Lancaster is attend First Friday. My favorite thing to do in Millersville is walk around campus – there’s always something or someone to see.

What’s your favorite food? – My favorite food right now is my mumsy’s meatloaf. Nobody can top that.

What is your ideal vacation? – My ideal vacation would be a world tour, but if I had to pick one place it’d be Italy.

What’s a song that describes your life? – That’s a tough one. I’d say Sweet Disposition by The Temper Trap.

What is your favorite holiday? – My favorite holiday is Christmas. I love the snow, the excitement in the air, and of course, being with my family.

What is the most played song on your iTunes? – Sad to say I do not have iTunes, but the most YouTubed song is Mika – We Are Young.

What is your biggest pet peeve? – My biggest pet peeve is having to repeat myself and repeat myself and repeat myself. . . .

Who is a famous person you would like to meet? – I would love to meet J.K. Rowling – like to pick her brain on characters and plots.

Who is your favorite music artist? – I really like Rooney – they’re a band but the main artist is Robert Schwartzman.

What is your favorite thing to do on a rainy day? – On rainy day at Millersville, I make sure to stop by the pond and say hello to the ducks.

What is something someone would be surprised to know about you? – I’m a twin – fraternal.

What is your biggest fear? – My biggest fear is forgetting. I need to remember everything.

What is your dream job? – My dream job would be the head press secretary for the president or the president’s speech writer.

Do you have any special talents? – I’m really good at charades.

Where do you see yourself in five years? – In five years, I hope to be rubbing elbows with public policy makers and changing the world one article at a time.

What’s something you’d like to do before you graduate? – Before I graduate, I’d like to visit Washington D.C.

Joie Formando

Millersville

Joie Formando is an English major at Millersville University, with a concentration in Writing Studies and a minor in journalism and music. She loves to write and cook (which is a work in progress) and is looking forward to "becoming a grown-up" post-graduation! She is the Arts and Culture Editor of MU's newspaper, The Snapper, and an active photographer-in-training. She can play a few chords on the guitar (but you'll never catch her singing for anyone) and her biggest dream is to move to London and work for a children's book publishing company.