This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Millersville chapter.

The long awaited studio album, Fine Line, by Harry Styles is out now and I’ve been anxiously waiting to talk about it. So, let’s get ready to go through a rollercoaster of emotions together, shall we?! I’m also going to be adding a little star next to my favorite songs, just for those who are a little curious.

Golden (3:29) ✰

First of all, this is a beautiful beginning to the album. It has a nostalgic vibe. I can imagine listening to this while you’re driving down a long road and it’s golden hour. Also, can we just appreciate the drums for a second? Absolutely gorgeous. His voice is like honey, and my heart is screaming. This will be so good live on tour. 

Watermelon Sugar (2:54)

This single is genuinely just so GOOD! The trumpets are a great touch to this song. Trumpets are a reoccurring theme throughout the album, so definitely open up your ears people. This is a song that everyone of all ages can bop to and im 100% here for it.

Adore You (3:27) ✰

This song has such a happy vibe, despite how sad some people’s interpretations of the song is. It makes me feel like im spinning in circles with absolutely no care in the world. Also, he made a whole fake island (Eroda) as promo for this song. He’s a genuis, truly. The island comes to fruition in his music video, so check it out, it’s worth every minute. 

Lights Up (4:19) 

You all know how I feel about this one. If for some reason you don’t though, check out my article about it here!

Cherry (4:19) ✰

This song is a dream, yet so heartbreaking. His voice is so soft in this, it really tugs at your heart strings. You can definitely feel this song through your whole body. Cherry is one of those songs that’s like no other. If you listen closely toward the end, you can hear his screams, which are pretty haunting. Also, about the voice at the very end: imagine being so powerful that Harry puts your voice in his song? You’ve won. 

Falling (4:00)

First of all, who hurt Harry like this? My heart is breaking for this man. His voice is so powerful in this song, it smacks you right in the face. The piano is a beautiful touch to the song as well. I will be listening to this when I need a good cry, my friends. 

To Be So Lonely (3:12)

Right off the bat, the strumming in the beginning is stunning. His voice in the chorus is sort of rough and I’m living for it. I could practically feel it through my headphones. This song is definitely one that I will be blasting full volume in my car, so if anyone sees me screaming in my car, don’t be surprised. 

She (6:02) ✰

6 minutes of Harry? Sign me up. The very beginning reminds me of the beginning of Two Ghosts from his self titled album! Then we get into the song, and it gives off a very sultry vibe. It’s definitely about a mysterious woman who would also not hesitate to break your heart. Once again, imagine being so powerful that you mesmerize Harry this much? Let that sink in, y’all.  

Sunflower, Vol. 6 (3:42)

It feels like summer! This one really makes you miss the 70+ degree weather, doesn’t it? This is a song you could frolic to in the field with a lover, just saying. Also, the little noises he makes in the background? Love it. This is a very Harry song. It just fits his persona perfectly. 

Canyon Moon (3:10)

So, I get the feeling we’re on to happier songs! Thank goodness because sad Harry is heart wrenching, to say the least. This one feels like summer as well. Canyon Moon is for when you’re sitting on the beach with your best friends, just being cute together. It also gives me a nostalgic feel. It’s as if you’re back to easier times where everything was lighthearted and carefree. My heart is full.

Treat People With Kindness (3:17)

This one was definitely highly anticipated, mostly because this is Harry’s most notable quote. Can I just say how happy the singing chorus of women makes me? It feels like a song you’d play at the end of a movie where the whole town comes together and they all start dancing in the middle of the street. You know exactly what I mean. I just know this is going to be amazing live!

Fine Line (6:18) ✰

Another 6 minute song? We are truly blessed. This immediately gave my rainy day vibes. I can imagine everyone singing this together while sobbing in the crowd during the shows. Also, there’s more trumpets! I freaking love the trumpets. What a stunning ending to an album.

Harry Styles continues to amaze me time and time again. It’s incredible to see how much he’s grown since his self titled album in 2017. I can’t wait to continue to watch him grow! If you haven’t given Fine Line a listen yet, please do it. Your ears and your heart will forever thank you.

HCXO,

Brianna

All Images Courtesy of Google Images and Giphy.

The top fashion and lifestyle magazine for college women! Located in Millersville, PA <3