Kenisha Archey-Cole: Orientation Leader

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Millersville chapter.

Age: I am 20 years old; my birthday is Jan. 12. 

Hometown: I was born and raised in Coatesville, Pa. My family has recently moved to Oxford, Pa.

Major: I entered Millersville as a biology major, but by my second semester, I realized I wanted something in humanities. I am currently undeclared until I find my calling.

Year: I am officially a sophomore this semester.

Twitter and/or Instagram Handle: My instagram username is Kenisha_jasmine__xoxo. Follow me, I love meeting new people.

Why did you choose Millersville? I choose Millersville because of the beautiful campus and the great history. Everyone is very welcoming here.

What has been your favorite memory at Millersville? So far, being an orientation leader has been my favorite memory. 

Are you involved in anything on campus? I have participated in the 2014-15 freshmen and transfer orientation.

What positions have you held? I was a mentor to the freshmen in my group.

If someone were to become an orientation leader, what do you think is the best takeaway? The best takeaway I would say are the relationships I formed with the students and the other OL’s.

How would you beome an orientation leader? To join us orientation leaders, you have to log on to your Get Involved account. On this site, you apply directly through an online application (due Feb. 25!)

What’s your favorite memory from being an orientation leader? My favorite memory was the candle lighting ceremony. Officially becoming Marauder was the most exciting part for my students and I.

Where is your favorite place on campus? My favorite place on campus is the pond in the spring. I love seeing the swans interact and the ducklings following their mom around.

What do you plan to do after graduation? I plan to enroll in medical school and become a doctor. I plan to move down south after receiving my Ph.D.

What will you miss the most about Millersville? I will miss the unity that Millersville has. I will also miss the staff here; they are all so kind.

Do you have a mantra you live by? If so, what is it? Since I have been enrolled at Millersville, I have lived by a mantra that states “you can be whatever you want to be as long as you put your mind to it.” I love it because it is so true to life. 

Chyanna Sanchez

Millersville

The top fashion and lifestyle magazine for college women! Located in Millersville, PA <3