Kayla Bixler: Setting and Scoring Goals

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Millersville chapter.

Age: 20

Hometown: Holtwood, Pa.

Major: BSE Chemistry

Graduation: December 2016

Fun Facts:

1. I wrestled in elementary school

2. My favorite movie is “Tangled”

What made you choose your major? I love chemistry and I want to share that love with others. I feel like being a teacher will help children with their futures and I want to make a difference in their lives.

Where do you see yourself after graduation? I hope to be able to get a job in or around central Pennsylvania and hopefully start a family of my own some day.

What are you involved in on and off campus? I am involved in athletics; I am on the field hockey team for the school.

What position(s) are you on the field hockey team? I play left back.

How do you balance class work and the demand of field hockey? Field hockey actually helps me manage my time. With practice everyday after classes, I know I have to get my homework done right after because there is less time to be able to procrastinate. It is hard sometimes when we miss class for games, but teachers usually are very helpful with make-up work and getting things completed on time.

Do you have a favorite moment of playing field hockey? My favorite moment was in high school winning the state championship. In college, it was winning in the NCAA Quarterfinals against Shippensburg! It was such a team effort and I love my friends that I have made here!

What has been most challenging for you in college? The most challenging thing for me in college is balancing school, social life, sleep and athletics. It sometimes is challenging, but it is also a blessing to be able to do all those things. Having the friends and family to support you with athletics and school is amazing.

What’s your dream job? My dream job would be a chemistry teacher and a gifted education teacher. Maybe someday become a principal.

Images courtesy of Kayla Bixler

Mike Nitroy

Millersville

I'm Mike and I'm currently a junior majoring in digital journalism with a minor in psychology. My hobbies include writing, finding new music, video games, and anything T-Swift (really, who doesn't love her?) I'm a member of psychology club, Millersville Mentoring Alliance Program, and work at the University Bookstore. 
    The top fashion and lifestyle magazine for college women! Located in Millersville, PA <3