This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Millersville chapter.

Welcome back boss babes!! So your semester either just started or you are about to start your semester soon, lets go Spring 2020!! When I come back to campus I always need to take some time to get back into the right headspace before school starts. Below are some of the things that I like to do to prepare for the semester!

1. Get all of my materials

I always enjoy going to Target and getting super cute notebooks and folders and pencils and pens and whatever other materials that I need! Going to class on the first day being prepared is such a nice feeling and having cute materials always makes me enjoy going to class a lot more! The first week can be hectic so having your materials ahead of time helps with eliminating the crazy.

2. Preview your syllabi ahead of time

If your professor sends out a syllabus ahead of time, PREVIEW IT!! I cannot stress this tip enough!! Take the time to look over it and pencil in exams and projects and other important dates into your planner. This will help so that on the first day of class when your professor is going over it, it will not be as overwhelming to you because you already know whats coming. This also just helps with planning your semester out, as looking at future exams and projects can help you plan out your semester in advance. 

3. Organize your room

This tip is something that I love to do at the beginning of every semester. I come back from break and notice that my room progressivly got more cluttered as the previous semester progressed. I have some clothing bins that weren’t really folded, I have papers that have been stacked on my desk, and everything just needs a good deep clean. Taking the time to do this before your semester starts can really help to clear your mind before you jump right in to classes.

4. Spend time with your friends

This is one of my favorite tips because once the semester begins, free time becomes so much smaller and time for your friends unfortunately does too. The week before school starts and the first week of school tend to be the least busy, so text your friends and make plans with them while it’s “Easy”! You wont regret it :)

Have a great semester boss babes!!

HCXO,

Lexie 

Lexie Sites

Millersville '20

Hi! My name is Lexie Sites and I am a Early Childhood Education major with a STEM minor! HerCampus has allowed me to push my comfort zone, so I hope you enjoy reading my articles! HCXO, Lexie
The top fashion and lifestyle magazine for college women! Located in Millersville, PA <3