How To Coupon And Save $1000s

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Millersville chapter.

Who doesn’t love saving money?  I recently have gotten into couponing, and I would never go back to paying full price for things ever again.  If you ever wanted to try couponing but don’t really know where to start, this article is for you!

1. Use newspaper coupons and digital coupons 

Many stores have online digital coupons that you can use along with other coupons. The best way to get coupons is to purchase a Sunday paper with coupon inserts in it. You can also find many coupons online that you can print out; I use coupons.com!

2. Look up your stores weekly deals either online or in store

To find weekly deals online, go to your store’s website, and it should be featured on the homepage or along the side tabs!

3. Know your stores coupon policy

Here are two examples of why you should know the stores coupon policy: Some stores only allow a certain number of coupons per transaction. Some stores double coupons, while others don’t. The store or retailer will let you know more about their policies with couponing!

4. Combine sale prices and coupons

Sometimes combining coupons and sales can get you free or almost free items.  Always try and do this as much as possible!

5. Use rebate apps

Rebate apps are awesome!  You get cash back on things you just bought.  I personally love the app Ibotta.  I have made tons of money back just for using the app.  If you use my code, you will get $10 just for trying it (in order to get this deal, you must purchase something and rebate it on the app within 7 days).  My code is sxqakqy!

The more you coupon, the better you will get.  It does take some time, but it is defiantly worth it.  If you want to know more about couponing, or want to know some great sales, you can join my couponing group on Facebook called Free Stuff/ Cheap Finds.  Happy Savings!  

The top fashion and lifestyle magazine for college women! Located in Millersville, PA <3