HC MU Galentines 2020
HC MU Galentines 2020
Alyssa Dicker
Career

Her Campus Will Always Have My Heart

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Millersville chapter.

Her Campus Millersville has been a major part of my life for the last year and half, I have met people who I now consider my lifelong friends, I’ve made amazing memories, and had amazing experiences. Being able to be the bonding chair and the philanthropy chair and work with such an amazing group of people truly has made me grow as a person, knowing people have my back. 

HC Millersville gave me the opportunity to make my idea and dream of Her Carnival a reality and I’m honored that I got to put it on two years in a row and I cannot wait to see it grow. 

HC has also given me a chance to expand my abilities as a writer, getting feedback from other writers and reading the amazing work everyone has done. 

HC MU members at Her Carnival 2020
Alyssa Dicker

To Cecilia and Valentina: 

I know that the bonding chair and philanthropy chair positions will be in amazing hands. You two inspire me all the time with your kindness and how hard you both work! I can’t wait to see what you will accomplish!

To Kasidy:

I’m so glad you decided to join Her Campus, I truly have seen you grow and I can’t wait to see what else you will accomplish as a co-social media director. I’m going to miss you so much, not being able to walk to meetings with you and then going back to our shared room with whatever snacks we decided to bring home with us. I know you will do amazing things and I can’t wait to see it!

To Alyssa and Hannah:

Alyssa, I’m so glad Her Campus brought us together, I can’t think of my life without you. Thank you for editing my articles and fixing all the spelling mistakes I know I’ve made and thank you for being so kind when I completely forget I have an article due, you are an amazing editor in chief! You inspire me with everything you do and you are so strong and amazing. I can’t wait to see what you will do after graduation, I know your future is bright and wonderful! 

Hannah, you have been a wonderful president and friend and I’m so happy I get to know you. Your heart is so kind and I know that you will be that teacher that kids remember years down the line. You bring so much light and joy to Her Campus MU and you work so hard to do everything in your power to make sure that everything is running smoothly. Your future is bright like the star you are!

To Alanna and Jenna: 

You two forever have my heart, you both are so wonderful and kind. Alanna, I know that you will have the time of your life in the Disney college program and I truly hope it is everything you dreamed it will be! You have put so much work and effort into Her Campus, I couldn’t imagine it without you! You bring a smile to my face everyday and I’m going to miss you so much. 

Jenna, I cannot wait to see what you will do as president of HC next semester! I know that you are going to be amazing, like everything you do. You bring me so much joy and happiness, thank you for always making me laugh in the middle of meetings and lighting up the room. 

To Lexie: 

I’m so glad I got to know you and work with you on the exec board, you’re amazing. You do a million and ten things but still seem like you have your entire life together and I’m so in awe of you and so proud. I know that you will be the most kind and caring teacher and will do amazing things!

To the members of HC MU:

Thank you all for being the best group of people I have ever met, you all are so kind and smart. I know each and everyone of you will do wonderful things in life. I’m going to miss all of you, I’m going to miss all the wonderful and beautiful ideas. Thank you for making my time at Her Campus an amazing one. 

I’m sad my last semester with Her Campus was cut so short, I had no idea my last meeting was actually my real last meeting, there was so much that I was going to do and say. To look on the bright side, I’m so glad for all the memories and great things I got to do before the semester took a turn.  Her Campus truly has impacted my life in such a positive and wonderful way.

So now, for the last time,

HCXO, Erika

Erika Stewart

Millersville '20

"be the moon and inspire people even when you're far from full" Millersville '20, History and PR Major, avid Lady Gaga fan and kinda of, sorta, a mess