This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Millersville chapter.

Meet Hannah Newman! This is her second semester as a writer for Millersville’s chapter of Her Campus and she absolutely loves everything about Her Campus!  She is also the Social Media Director and is excited to grow this chapter of amazing writers! Hannah is an Early Childhood Education major with an integrative STEM minor. She is currently a sophomore, so you’ll see more of her next year. 

In Hannah’s free time, she can be found sitting around the pond, curled up in a blanket at the library, getting lost in bookstores, bullet journaling, or browsing clothing racks at thrift stores. She loves to read and write poetry and stories. She’s made over one hundred Spotify playlists, so it’s safe to say that she loves music too. She plays guitar, ukulele, and violin as well. Apart from Her Campus, she is also a member of the Early Childhood Organization and Study Buddies on campus. Netflix is one of her best friends, and she never says no to watching a Disney movie. And if you ever need ANYTHING, chances are she has it because Hannah is the ultimate mom friend.

Hannah has some great goals for her future. She aspires to be an elementary school teacher because she believes that every child deserves a chance to learn and fall in love with learning. Children need good role models and she would love to be that for her students. She also wants to publish a book of her poetry sometime in the near future. She wants to change the world and hopes she can do that through teaching and encouraging her future students to grow into the best possible people they can be. A few of her favorite bucket list aspirations are to visit all 50 states, to own a large fluffy dog, and to go on a road trip to the Grand Canyon.

Hannah finds inspiration in almost everything. Her mantra is “Climb mountains today,” which was inspired by one of her best friends. One day during Thanksgiving break, he texted Hannah asking if she wanted to hang out that day. The day had started out rough, so she wasn’t sure how it could get better. On a spur of the moment decision, they ended up climbing a mountain nearby. She found it incredibly inspiring to have gone from not wanting to leave her room to finding herself on the top of a beautiful mountain. There are some days where your mountain is an exam or a job interview, and there are some days your mountain might just be getting out of bed. But each day, know that you are capable of climbing your mountains.

She’s been incredibly blessed to know so many amazing people! One of her biggest inspirations is Jordan, the president of Her Campus Millersville last semester. She also is inspired by her best friends both at college and at home (Aliya, Jack, Man, Rae, Hannah H, Sarah L, Lexie, Lola, Kaylee, all her HC gals, and so many more), her siblings (Rachel and Ben), her mother and father, her professors at Millersville, and various YouTubers. Her favorite YouTuber to watch is Jordan Clark, who inspires her to create art, write, and live an environmentally friendly life. The fictional characters that inspire her the most are Miss Honey from Matilda and Miranda Bailey and Lexie Grey from Grey’s Anatomy.

To keep up with Hannah’s adventures, check out her blog here and her Instagram here!  

FAVORITES:

Quote: “Do I dare disturb the universe?” – T. S. Eliot

Bands: Mumford and Sons, Relient K, A Silent Film, Catfish and the Bottlemen

Guilty Pleasure TV Show: Greys Anatomy (she’s obsessed)

Book: Frankenstein by Mary Shelly and the Bell Jar by Slyvia Plath

Color: Yellow

Shoes: Crocs

Poet: Lang Leav

Disney Movie: Monsters, Inc.

Snack Food: Sour Gummy Worms, Peanut Butter Oreos, and Applesauce

Accessory: Scrunchies

Article of Clothing: Her Teal and Blue Windbreaker

Meghan Tezik

Millersville

The top fashion and lifestyle magazine for college women! Located in Millersville, PA <3