Halloween 2k16: How to Survive the Clowns

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Millersville chapter.

Halloween is quickly approaching and, unfortunately, the clown fiasco hasn’t died off. Many college students want to go out and party for Halloween (or trick-or-treat!!) but are too scared to leave their apartment or dorm. We all know the clowns will be hunting on Halloween (that, or people will dress up as clowns and mess around!).

So, how can you still have fun on Halloween and survive the clowns? Easy, just follow the 8 steps below!

1. Don’t go out! Instead have your own Halloween party with your roommates and don’t answer the door unless you have to 

(Image courtesy of Gizmodo)

2. If you must go out, go out in groups and take a baseball bat or hockey stick (Negan style!)

3. If you see said clown hide or run for your life

4. Do not tempt said clown like a moron

5. If all else fails, dress up as a clown and pray they leave you alone

6. If that doesn’t work, sacrifice your least favorite roommate

7. If the clown wants another sacrifice, refer to step 3

8. If you need an 8th step, you’re already screwed

Happy Halloween, collegiettes, and good luck avoiding the creepy clowns!

*All images courtesy of Giphy unless otherwise stated.

Ashley Haywood

Millersville

I'm a senior English major with a focus in writing studies and I hope to someday write for a publication within in Lancaster area. I drink more coffee than I probably should, my cat is my baby, and I'm obsessed with my planner. You'll always find me on campus in the library with a cup of coffee in hand! 
Elizabeth Nace

Millersville

Dezi Donaldson

Millersville

I am a senior at Millersville University, where I am pursuing my bachelor's in communication studies. As the Editor-in-Chief of Her Campus Millersville, I am so thrilled to be able to lead and collaborate with the many creative students that populate our campus. My personal mission as EIC is to spread the word about Her Campus Millersville and bring the chapter back up to pink-level before I graduate in May 2017. In my spare time, I love binge-watching Grey's Anatomy on Netflix and spending time with my fiancé and our families. I'm also a sales associate at my local LOFT store and a proud fur mama to a sweet pup named Java. My passions include social media, fashion, coffee, and bad puns. My ultimate dream is to work for Her Campus Media at their headquarters in Boston, MA -- let's hope I can make it there! Instagram: @dezidonaldson