mink mingle AlEyuIKuSmc unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
mink mingle AlEyuIKuSmc unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp
This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Millersville chapter.

It seems like just yesterday I was starting my first day here at Millersville, unpacking my bags and saying goodbye to my parents and now ex-boyfriend.

I didn’t realize that day how much Millersville would mean to me or how much growing up I had to do. My first semester couldn’t end fast enough and I dreaded coming back. Being homesick and not making friends as easily as I wished I could have contributed to that. I remember spending the weekend before the spring semester crying but feeling ready for a new start — a feeling I am having this second as I pack up my dorm room.

During my second semester, I joined a sorority and gained 40+ amazing sisters who have had my back since. They made my second half of my semester one of the greatest experiences of my life. From being there when my boyfriend and I broke up and letting me cry my eyes out for a week, to helping me move on and meet new friends, they had my back.

While I joined the sorority, I gained one of the most amazing friends possible: my big. She has truly been an inspiration and I am so blessed to have her. From late nights walking me home from House of Pizza (aka HOPI) to holding my face as I cried over stupid boys and, most importantly, helping me realize how important it is to put yourself first. I wouldn’t have survived this semester without her.

As I pack up my things, take my tapestries off the walls and place my canvases in a box to be put up in my room next semester, I am ready for the summer to focus on myself and what I need and not what I want. I look forward to an even better sophomore year and to let my potential show through. 

Until next year, everyone. Have a safe summer! 

*All images courtesy of Giphy

The top fashion and lifestyle magazine for college women! Located in Millersville, PA <3