This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Millersville chapter.

Due to the amazing nature of Disney+, I can watch all my favorite Disney Channel shows. Recently, I have been on a Good Luck Charlie binge. As much as I love this show, I think there are some major flaws in each character that need to be addressed. As a child, they were so much smaller and barely noticeable. You can also read more about this show and the family here https://goodluckcharlie.fandom.com/wiki/Good_Luck_Charlie_Wiki 

Amy Duncan

The most PROBLEMATIC Disney mom there ever was exists in this show. This matriarch is not only selfish, but she straight up uses Charlie for her own personal gain. This can be seen from other characters too, but none worse than Amy. I personally believe that the reason the kids also exploit Charlie is because they see their mom do it and think that is okay. Amy used Charlie to compete, sing, dance, and further her so called modeling career. In one episode, she even has the audacity to hire random people to play her family because her real family just didn’t fit the part. This mom does not invest herself in her kids’ lives besides Charlie until her kids have an issue. Also where is the stove in their house???

Robert “Bob” Duncan

Bob is personally my favorite and the best character except for one thing. He treats Teddy different from all the other kids. He expects her to amount to something and bashes PJ all the time for his lack of commitment and potentially hopeless future. Not only does he treat Teddy unfairly, but he also expects too much out of her. She is most often left in charge of Gabe and Charlie and limited in the things she can do. Bob also doesn’t even show appreciation for the fact that Teddy watches Charlie and Gabe all the time. He ridicules PJ as well and doesn’t interact with Gabe often. Also, he dropped Charlie like weeks after her birth!!!

Patrick John “PJ” Duncan

Starting with the oldest, PJ is a typical white stupid male character. I really have no flaws for PJ, except for the fact that he’s a dumb character. I will say, though, that a girl will most definitely get in between him and his best friend Emmett and that seems like it goes against the Bro Code. For the most part, he is a really good brother. He gets a job, car, takes care of his siblings and girlfriends when he has them.

Theodora “Teddy” Duncan

I don’t know if she’s supposed to be that star of the show or not, but she makes herself be it. Similar to Amy, Teddy aka Theodora, is pretty selfish. Her biggest flaw is that she is boy crazy. This leads to her using her best friend Ivy to help her and come immediately when she calls. For example, at the ski lodge, she called Ivy and made her take a bus to the lodge because some psychic told her she’s meet the love of her life. Pretty selfish cause I’m sure Ivy had to pay for that bus ride herself. She is also hella dramatic. Most of her video diaries to Charlie don’t actually give her good advice at all. Simply put, “good luck Charlie” is like a big f-you because there isn’t really advice besides a good luck.

Gabriel “Gabe” Duncan

This kid is pure evil. He wakes up every day and chooses violence. Not only does he feud with Mrs. Dabney, their neighbor, all the time, but he lies, cheats and manipulates. He exploits PJ’s dumbness for his own personal gain and uses Charlie when it benefits him as well. He also lies to his parents about school and other things. I think he is meant to be the evil charachter of the show. Compared to Mrs. Dabney, he is the devil and she is the angel.

Charlotte “Charlie” Duncan

She’s just a kid. Can’t say much more about her. I feel bad for her that her whole family was using her for their gains. But she is in about 7th grade now if that makes you feel old.

Toby Wan-Kenobi Duncan

Yes, that is his real name. It was picked out by Gabe, which seems mean. Was he an accident or something???? 5 kids??? In an (assuming) 4-bedroom house with a 7-person family and already 2 kids sharing??? Where’s he gonna go???? Overall, very irrelevant though.

The Whole Family

WHY DO THEY ALL HATE MRS. DABNEY SO MUCH???????

Chaotic Evils

HXCO, Cecilia

Cecilia Arvelo

Millersville '22

Cecilia is a Senior at Millersville University. She is a Secondary Education major concentrated in Social Studies. In her free time, she loves to read, watch movies, drive around and explore. She loves writing for Her Campus, being a part of Campus Trendsetters, and exploring all of Her Campus's opportunities.
The top fashion and lifestyle magazine for college women! Located in Millersville, PA <3