This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Millersville chapter.

Day 46 of quarantine and it has come down to this… Spring Cleaning! Since Miss Rona has given me some downtime, I have managed to watch may movies, bake, paint, sew, and make too many TikToks. Then one day, I was looking for my sweatpants when I noticed how messy my room had gotten. It looked like someone had recreated the scene from High School Musical 2 (the one where they throw paper in the air) in my room. So I did what any 19-year-old girl would do… I made a playlist on Spotify and went through Pinterest for inspiration. I wasn’t just going to clean my room, oh no, I was going to redecorate it! This, so far, is day three of my journey, and it’s going great! While cleaning my closet, however, I came across a bin of old t-shirts that I never wear. Instead of just donating them, I decided this would be a great oppertunity for some quarantine crafts. Here are some that I found most exciting to try!

Masks ?

Right now masks are in high demand, and are difficult to aqurie these days. Making some out of old t-shirts aren’t just cost effective, but is a great oppertunity to make many more for friends, family, or even the community!

Hair Accessories ?

I love scrunchies and head bands just as much as any other girl, but I draw the line when I see a pack of three selling for $15. By making them out of old material, you save money and have the ability to make as many as possible. Maybe enough to open an Etsy shop ?.

Market Bag ?

Need a bag for going to the market? Make one out of a cute tee! It saves you from having to get plastic bags.

Memorable Pillow ?

Is there a t-shirt that you really loved, but can’t wear anymore? One that you keep in the back of your closet because you still want to hold on to the memory? Well how about turing that top into a pillow! This is a great way to put it on display without having to wear it.

T-shirt Quilt ?

The final idea I came across was this amazing t-shirt quilt! This is great especially because if you did theater in the past, then I know the feeling of having too many show shirts to count. By making them all in to a quilt, it gives all those shirts a new life and purpose.

Whether it’s a scrunchie or pillow, there is so much you can do with all the treasures you find! Hope quarentine is treating everyone well ?.

HCXO, Valentina

Hey everyone it's me Valentina Z, and I am a Senior at Millersville University! Currently, as a Media Arts Production major, I am exploring the world and sharing my new experiences along the way. I have a passion for fashion, lifestyle tips, food, and nerd culture. I am a proud Latina who is always ready to try new things and isn’t afraid to take on life. Follow me into the unknown that is college, dating, and more! I hope my work inspires you as you read <3
The top fashion and lifestyle magazine for college women! Located in Millersville, PA <3