Five Things to Look Forward to When You're Feeling Down

While it may seem impossible to find happiness some days, there are still little joys we can enjoy and look forward to each day. Sometimes, it is truly the small things that bring us happiness. Here are five things to look forward to the next time your day needs a lift. 

1. 1. The Sunrise

woman looking at the trees in front of the sun

The sunrise is a gentle reminder that everyday is a new chance to start again and reach for our goals. No matter how hard a day has been, the sun will always rise the next day. 

2. 2. Music 

looking out window wearing headphones

Music is one of the most powerful de-stressors. If you need a pick me up, think about picking up your phone and opening your music app. 

3. 3. A Good Book

Woman Wearing Blue Denim Jeans Holding Book Sitting on Gray Concrete at Daytime

There is nothing better than the smell of a new book. Take some time to escape to a new world filled with wonder. 

4. 4. Candles

lit candles at home

After a long day, head home and light your favorite candles. Enjoy the sweet smells and know that you made it through the day. 

5. 5. The Sunset

sunset

The sunset is our sign to wind down and find comfort in the fact that you succeeded in completing another day. Even if your day did not go as planned, you made it through. Enjoy the beautiful colors of the sunset and breathe. 

I hope these simple pleasures will remind you to look for little pockets of joy throughout your day. 

HXCO,

Taylor