Five Things To Do For Yourself On Valentine’s Day

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Millersville chapter.

If you have ever been single on Valentine’s Day, I am sure you know how lonely it can feel. Instead of feeling sad and down all day, turn it into a day for yourself! Valentine’s Day is all about who you love, so why not show yourself how much you love YOU! Here are five ideas to help you with planning a you day:

1. Go get a massage/manicure:

Having relaxing time to yourself is perfect for a day all about you! My perfect idea of a relaxing activity is getting your nails done, but a massage works too! Getting a relaxing hour at the spa and having beautiful nails is a win-win!

2. Grab coffee+heart shaped donut from Dunkin’ Donuts!

If you have to go to class on Valentine’s Day, you can still make an effort to treat yourself. Head to your local Dunkin’ Donuts or coffee shop and pick up a coffee before class! Nothing is better than a boost of energy during a long day of classes!

3. Have a movie marathon!

Gather your favorite movies and your pals for a day or night movie marathon! There is nothing more energizing than spending quality time with your favorite gals! Even try making some popcorn and snacks so that you can eat yummy treats all night long.

4. Go shopping!

Nothing says “I love you” more than treating yourself to a new outfit or piece of jewelry! We all love to shop, so giving ourselves an excuse to shop for ourselves is perfect! Try and buy yourself a splurge item or something that you typically would not!

5. Go out to eat!

Eating out by yourself is surprisingly fun and relaxing. It may seem awkward to eat by yourself, but it allows you to reflect and take time for yourself to rejuvenate! Give it a try sometime!

Have a great Valentine’s Day ladies!!

HCXO, Lexie

All photos courtesy of Giphy.com

Lexie Sites

Millersville '20

Hi! My name is Lexie Sites and I am a Early Childhood Education major with a STEM minor! HerCampus has allowed me to push my comfort zone, so I hope you enjoy reading my articles! HCXO, Lexie
The top fashion and lifestyle magazine for college women! Located in Millersville, PA <3