This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Millersville chapter.

Since September is finally here and fall is just around the corner, I decided to put together a playlist of 10  songs perfect for cozying up on an autumn afternoon.

1. 20 Years by The Civil Wars

The soft introduction, harmonies, and spooky lyrics about a family secret will put you in the chillest mood possible.

2. Kansas City by The New Basement Tapes

With Marcus Mumford providing the lead vocals on this banger, it is a full proof song to get you caught up in all the autumn feels. He tells the story of a relationship that is going nowhere as problems keep repeating themselves, something I think we all can unfortunately relate to.

3. Black Smoke Rising by Greta Van Fleet

Greta Van Fleet has quickly become one of my favorite bands in a matter of a few weeks. The lead singers unique voice is reminiscent of some of the greats of the 70s. This band has never released a song I didn’t love! Catch their new album out on October 19th

4. Like Real People Do by Hoizer

Would a fall playlist be complete without a song by Hoizer? Absolutely not. Like Real People do is a classic. The light strumming of the guitar would make anyone want to live in the forest and never return.

5. Autumn Leaves by Ed Sheeran

This song speaks for itself. Let’s be honest

6. Today by Willamette Stone

This song is cover of the song originally sung by The Smashing Pumpkins. You may recognize this cover from one of the saddest movies of all time, If I Stay. This song makes me want to sit around a bonfire and think about the goodness life has to offer.

7. Making All Things new by Aaron Espe

Making All Things New is all about how home is where the heart is. Because I come from a small farming town, this song brings me back there and makes me reminisce on all my loved ones there

8. Fall Together by The Temper Trap

One of the more upbeat songs on this playlist, this song is sure to give you a boost of encouragement to get your stuff together for the semester

9. Vagabond by Wolfmother

You may recognize this song as one that came off the soundtrack from the movie 500 Days of Summer, which is, in my opinion, one of the greatest movies ever made. It tells the classic romance story of a guy who knows he’s ready to commit to a girl, but she complicates this leading her to feel unsure.

10. 1957 by Milo Greene

This song has all the folky, slow vibes to end our fall playlist and put you to sleep on a cold autumn night

Happy listening and enjoy one of the most beautiful times of the year!

HCXO,

Sarah

All images courtesy of Google

Sarah Erb

Millersville

Hey everyone! My name is Sarah Erb and I am a sophomore studying Early Childhood and Special Education here at Millersville University. When I'm not writing for HerCampus, you can find me working or hanging out with a coffee in hand at Saxbys! I love adventures, talking about the universe, and could go to Chipotle everyday if my bank account let me.
The top fashion and lifestyle magazine for college women! Located in Millersville, PA <3