This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Millersville chapter.

Winter is in full effect, college is back in session and we are all wishing we could be any but Pennsylvania. I don’t know if it is just me, but I get in these moods where I just want to travel and be somewhere warm. I usually get these urges on below freezing, cloudy days. They almost always lead to me looking up Airbnb and Kayak.com for cheap trips. Of course, these plans will never fall through, but you can’t blame a girl for dreaming. Here are some are my warm weathered dream vacations to get you out of those cold winter blues:

Punta Cana, Dominican Republic

Punta Cana is only a five-and-a-half-hour flight. The town is located on the eastern border of the Dominican Republic. With their clear water and 20 miles of breathtaking beaches, it’s clear to see the appeal of this island getaway. 

Melbourne, Australia 

Melbourne is a hefty 25-hour flight around the world. This city can be found in the Australian territory of Victoria. Melbourne is known for their wide variety of art and their vineyards. 

Maui, Hawaii

Maui is a 12-hour flight to paradise. This island is known for its scenic Hana highway and Haleakala National Park. This island is definitely meant for great adventures. 

Auckland, New Zealand

Auckland is based around two harbors right off the coast of Australia. They have almost everything here, such as the Sky Tower, ziplining, dormant volcanoes, vineyards, etc. You name it!

All images courtesy of Google Images

Kayla Campbell

Millersville '21

Senior at Millersville University majoring in Early Childhood and Special Education.
The top fashion and lifestyle magazine for college women! Located in Millersville, PA <3