This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Millersville chapter.

Photo courtesy of Facebook

Erin Mason is a 22 year-old senior at Millersville University. She came to MU all the way from her hometown of Marlton, New Jersey for the purpose of joining the Track and Field Team. Erin is a dedicated student and extremely passionate about athletics. Sitting down with her I got to find out a little bit more about her interests, and hopes for the future, as well as a few other interesting facts even her friends and teammates might be surprised to know.

General Information

Major: Business Management

B: Why did you choose Millersville?

E: I chose it because of the Track program. I was looking for a Division II school, and I liked how far away it was from home.

B: When did you first get involved with track?

E: In third grade, at the recreation level and I’ve loved it ever since. I pursued it throughout middle school, high school and now college.

B: Why did you want to join the Millersville Track team?

E: I wanted to do a sport in college, and I wasn’t quite ready to give it up yet. Plus, I liked the trainer that I would be working one on one with; I knew I would learn a lot. I knew I could push myself harder. I’m still not sure how I’m going to give it up after college.

B: What events do you do on the Track team?

E: I used to be a heptathelete, but then I switched to just sprinting. I do the 60meter, 100meter, 200meter, and 400meter sprints, as well as the relays. My best event is definitely the 200 meter sprint though.

*A heptathelete is someone who competes in seven track and field events*

B: What is your proudest track achievement?

E: I would have to say that would be scoring at PSAC’s. Even though it was only 7th place, it was still a huge achievement.

B: What is your proudest achievement at Millersville University?

E: I am most proud of being a scholar athlete. You have to maintain a GPA of 2.5 and be in good standing on your sports team. I’m especially proud because freshman year my grades weren’t the best–it was hard to balance both track and school, but eventually I figured it out.

B: Are you involved with any other organizations?

E: I play a few intramurals; I used to play basketball, but now I play indoor soccer and flag football. I’m not in any clubs, but I do have two jobs.

B: What are some of your hobbies?

E:  Intramurals, hanging out with friends, sports, and Netflix which might sound lame, but it’s what I like to do.

Favorite Things

B: What is your favorite thing about Millersville University?

E: Definitely the Galley burritos, I get them almost every day! And obviously the track team too.

B: What is your favorite thing to do in Millersville or Lancaster?

E: I really like going to the movies or to the mall. I also like going downtown especially for First Friday. There are so many great shops and restaurants.

B: What is your favorite color?

E: It’s pink, which seems to surprise most people. They expect me to like blue and colors like that because I guess I’m not really that girly.

B: Who is your favorite music artist?

E: Kid Cudi, Beyonce, and Coldplay–but that’s so hard to choose because I like so many different things.

Future

B: What is something you want to do before you graduate?

E: I definitely want to take a trip to Atlantic City with all of my friends while we all still have the free time to do it.

B: What is your dream job?

E: I want to be a project manager for IBM…or doing any job at Disney World!

B: Where do you want to be after graduation?

E: I want to be in a major city on the East Coast, hopefully living on my own. And obviously I want a job, something to do with management. At this point I think that’s a pretty realistic goal.

Interesting Facts

B: What is something most people would be surprised to know?

E: In elementary school I used to have to go to speech classes, because I couldn’t say my R’s. I had to leave regular classes during the day to attend a special speech class.

B: Do you have any special talents?

E: I think I’m a pretty good singer, I was in chorus, but I don’t really like to sing in front of other people. I wish I had a cooler special talent, but that’s about it.

B: What is your biggest pet peeve?

E: People chewing with their mouth open, it makes me cringe.

B: What is your biggest fear?

E: Losing the people close to me. I’m also afraid of cats. It freaks me out when they run at me.

B: What is the most played song on your playlist?

E: “End of Time” by Beyonce

Photo courtesy of Facebook

I am an English major with a minor in History. I am a senior at Millersville University about to make my way out into the real world. I would love to keep writing and doing the kinds of things HerCampus has given me the opportunity to do. School and extracurricuar activities keep me busy, so you'll often find me buzzed on caffiene, but in the free time I do have I tend to binge watch way too much Netflix. Awesome friends, an amazing boyfriend, and great music keep me centered. 
The top fashion and lifestyle magazine for college women! Located in Millersville, PA <3