Election 2016: Your Vote Matters!

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Millersville chapter.

The time to vote is quickly coming upon us. If you’re anything like me, you haven’t been paying attention to any of the debates. Feel like you just don’t have time? Would you rather be watching Netflix than watching a debate? Yeah, I understand. But, let’s get real, we have roughly a month before we need to buckle down and go to the voter booths and we need to do so with knowledge in our brains about who, exactly, we are even voting for.

There are a couple things you need to do before Tuesday, April 26th (which is the primary date for Pennsylvania).

Firstly, are you 18 years old and registered?

If not, you need to make sure you register 30 days before April 26th. It’s not hard, I promise. You can even register online here.

Secondly, if you cannot make it home to vote (since it’s during the school week) then you need to apply for an absentee ballot.

Mail it in before 5 p.m. on the Tuesday before the election day.

Lastly, you need to read up on your candidates.

You don’t want to go to vote and not know who you are voting for!  Knowledge is power.

Elizabeth Nace

Millersville

The top fashion and lifestyle magazine for college women! Located in Millersville, PA <3