This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Millersville chapter.
Episode I: Clones, and Jedi, and Separatists, Oh My!

During quarantine, there has been a lot of time on my hands. One of the main things I have done with that time is re-watch anything and everything “Star Wars” on Disney+. Currently, I am obsessed with “The Clone Wars” series. This takes place after “Episode II: Attack Of The Clones.” Obi-wan Kenobi, Anakin Skywalker, and Ahsoka Tano (Anakin’s Padawan) find themselves on the front lines during a war between the Republic and Separatists. The Jedi, known for their peacekeeping, along with an army of clone soldiers try their best to fight this battle for the greater good of the Republic. In my opinion, this era of Star Wars is one of my favorites. When it first came out in 2008, I was in second grade, and I remember loving coming home from school to a new episode of this series. My friends and I at school would share our love for the show and even have lightsaber battles. However, that was a long time ago and didn’t quite remember the show like I used to. 

Recently for some reason, I’ve been in a huge “Star Wars” mood. It’s something I can’t quite explain other than how you may feel when you are obsessed with a certain topic. You then start relating everything to that topic and next thing you know you’re embroidering a Kylo Ren lightsaber on your shirt. What can I say, quarantine has given me too much time on my hands. I’ve managed to watch all the movies 4 times over in different combinations. For example, you should start out with the 70s, late 90s, and then the 2010s. Or you could go in timeline order: Late 90s, “Clone Wars,” “Rogue One,” the 70s, and the 2010s. After that, I moved on to the shows.

I felt nostalgic watching the few first couple of episodes in “Clone Wars,” but it made me smile to be greeted by the memory of something I grew up with. It’s like getting a hug from a friend you haven’t seen in a long time. This then leads me to this… I LOVE “CLONE WARS” SO MUCH! I didn’t know how much until now, but that’s the good part about quarantine. You have all this time to learn and grow with yourself while discovering things you like to do. I had forgotten how much I loved this show. From Ahsoka Tano being a BOSS LADY to all the friendships and secret relationships, I have been binge-watching nonstop! As I type, I am currently watching season 5 episode 6: “The Gathering.” I can tell you how great this has been for me, but I’ll leave that for another time. This is the beginning of unlocking my true nerd potential and I am so excited to take all of you on this ride with me. May the force be with you.

HCXO, Valentina

Hey everyone it's me Valentina Z, and I am a Senior at Millersville University! Currently, as a Media Arts Production major, I am exploring the world and sharing my new experiences along the way. I have a passion for fashion, lifestyle tips, food, and nerd culture. I am a proud Latina who is always ready to try new things and isn’t afraid to take on life. Follow me into the unknown that is college, dating, and more! I hope my work inspires you as you read <3
The top fashion and lifestyle magazine for college women! Located in Millersville, PA <3