This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Millersville chapter.

Some of you may not know, but I have started a series for the greatest songs in a decade. So far, I have done the electric 80s and since then I have been diligently working on finding the best of the best for you beautiful people. The songs in this playlist have been inspired by movies, TV shows, my parents and the music loving troll within me. I hope these songs inspire the magical creature within yourselves too. Let’s dance!

1. “Good Vibrations” by Marky Mark and The Funky Bunch (This is my FAVORITE song of the 90’s and Mark Wahlberg is my guy, so its a win win for me)

2. “Lovefool” by The Cardigans 

3. “Say My Name” by Destiny’s Child ( I mean come onnnn, who let them look and sound that good?)

4. “Take Your Time” (Do It Right) by The S.O.S. Band (This song has been remixed over and over, but the original will always be a classic)

5. “Pony” by Ginuwine (Do I love this song because it was in “Magic Mike?” Absolutely.)

6. “Killing Me Softly With His Song” by Fugees 

7. “The Boy Is Mine” by Brandy, Monica (I found this song while researching for this playlist and it’s great)

8. “Under The Bridge” by Red Hot Chili Peppers 

9. “Creep” by Radiohead (A blessing to our ears)

10. “Barbie Girl” by Aqua (We all owe our lives to this song)

I hope these songs have sent you on a journey of 90s jams and baggy clothes. Next time you listen to a song you love, think about what makes it so special to you. I hope to see you all next time with even more bops, what should I do next? Maybe 2000s ;) I love you babies, see ya on the flip side.

HCXO, Devon

Devon Lewars

Millersville '22

Hi I'm Devon!!! I am a history major with a double minor in Theatre and Archaeology and I live in an apartment with my bff Hannah. I love compiling playlists on Spotify, watching period dramas, and spending all of my money. Yep, that's it. LGBTQ+ <3
The top fashion and lifestyle magazine for college women! Located in Millersville, PA <3