This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Millersville chapter.

Name: Cierra-Re’ne McGee

Age: 22

Year: Senior

Hometown: Baltimore, MD

Birthday: October 20th

Major: Speech Communications with an option in Public Relations

Why did you pick your major? I always felt that it matched pretty well with my outgoing personality and my desire to help people. I was always that weirdo in class that loved public speaking and was never afraid to speak my mind. Public Relations also fit well with my love for writing.

Do you work on campus? I used to have a lot of different jobs on campus such as Resident Assistant for Housing, desk attendant for the Center for Student Involvement and Leadership, student ambassador (tour guide) for Admission and as an Orientation Leader. This semester being my only semester, I decided to focus on the only class I am taking.

Are you involved in any activities? Over the past few years I have been actively involved with Black Student Union as both a general member and an executive member on the board, co-chair for the Concert Committee for two years, a general member of the Universities Activities Board, and a member of PRSSA. I also do some volunteer work around campus.

Why did you come to Millersville? I graduated from a very, very small private religious college a few years ago and it honestly did not have all of the opportunities I wanted to explore. Millersville has become a place where I feel like I have been able to get involved and involve others in meaningful missions. I’ve learned a lot about myself here and what I have to offer in my community. If you were a superhero, what powers would you have? I would love to have the power of telekinesis. Too many times there have been things out of my reach I have given up on due to laziness.

What would you do if you won the lottery? Pay off those awful student loans and the loans of those who have struggled with me through these years. After that, I’ll use the remaining  $1 and treat myself to something off the McDonald’s dollar menu.

Favorite school subject: Anything within the communications department. I really do value and love my major.

Favorite genre of music: I listen to all kinds of music from indie rock to R&B. It’s so hard to choose just one genre!

Hobbies: Singing to my customers as they pump their gas, writing incomplete fan fictions, losing myself in a great novel, playing Call of Duty Black Ops III until 5 am, and going on spontaneous road trips with my good friends.

What is your favorite part about Millersville? The plethora of opportunities that students and faculty can get involved in. There’s always something that you can do and work towards accomplishing.

What is your favorite building on campus? I love the SMC because my second home, the CSIL office, is located there and because of all the events that take place inside. Also the Galley’s ravioli is absolutely amazing.  

Angelica Lopez

Millersville

Hello my fellow Collegiate ladies! I am currently a Senior at Millersville University studying communications and public relations. I joined Her Campus in January 2014 as a contributing writer. It was the best decision I ever made in my college career because it gave me excellent opportunities and a chance to meet an awesome group of collegiate women just like me! I have served as publicity director and I am currently the vice president of the Millersville Chapter. I am a lover of fashion, photography, all things make-up related and creative.
The top fashion and lifestyle magazine for college women! Located in Millersville, PA <3