Caleb Bressler; Actor, Singer

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Millersville chapter.

Maybe we will see one of our fellow collegiates on Broadway, on TV, or in a movie someday! For the mean time, Caleb Bressler is practicing his singing and acting skills as a member of ACMO. Graduating from Millersville University in December, Caleb is a Broadcasting major with bold goals. Her Campus Millersville’s interview with Caleb reveals the skinny on ACMO and the best advice for aspiring actors at MU. 

What is ACMO? 

ACMO is an acronym for the “All Campus Musical Organization.” Our forte is generally musical theatre, but we’ve had some other genres being mixed in as well. We have different kinds of concerts and shows that we do in the Fall and Spring semester. For instance, we usually have a Broadway cabaret in the fall. In the spring, we have a musical; this year it’s “Legally Blonde.” 

Why should people join ACMO? 

If people enjoy singing and/or Broadway, then they have a chance to actually get on stage and sing. If someone likes the more backstage aspects of theatre, then there is the possibility they could do stage managing, set designing and directing as well. 

How do people join ACMO?

First, simply show up to a meeting. To officially join, you pay the ACMO dues, and that’s it. It’s really simple. And even if you just want to sit in on meetings for a while before paying the dues and “officially” joining, that’s more than fine too. 

What is your position in ACMO and what duties does it include? 

I’m just a regular member, so I don’t have an actual position. We do have a board, though, which includes the president, secretary, treasurer, and other positions. They, of course, are responsible for organizing and doing all of the the other things that make the club run. As for duties, occasionally all members of the club are commissioned to hang up posters for our shows. And, of course, if you are in a show you need to show up for rehearsals. 

What’s your favorite part about ACMO?

Being able to sing for an audience. 

What’s the toughest part about acting? 

For me, it’s being self-conscious. When I play characters that are different from myself, it’s difficult to disconnect from ME and just play the character. So, for me, it’s really being able to be a character instead of being self-conscious. 

What do you hope to do when you graduate?/What kind of employment are you seeking? 

I’m not sure yet. I’ve considered marketing, so that might be something that I would do. I’ve also considered somehow doing film editing. It would be great to act in a film someday, but I’m not banking on that happening. So, I’m playing it by ear at this point. 

What are your words of advice for students interested in acting?

I would suggest that you try acting to see if you like doing it. If it is something you enjoy, then try to get involved with an organization, club or play on campus where you can do some acting. You can also take classes to hone your skills and see if acting is something you are good at and want to continue doing. Even if you don’t decide to do it for a living, you can always do it in community theatre.

Elyse Brown

Millersville