The Best Movies to Watch This Spring Break

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Millersville chapter.

If you’re anything like me, you’re too broke to go on vacation this spring break. Instead of heading to Miami, you’ll be cuddled up in bed looking for something to watch. Look no further. Below lies the best movies to watch this spring break—one for each day.

1. “50 First Dates”

Let’s be honest: this movie is a classic. If you haven’t seen it yet, you’re seriously missing out.

When Henry meets Lucy, he has no idea that her memory wipes itself clean every night, making her wake up each day thinking it’s the same one years before. Despite having no short-term memory, Henry manages to make Lucy fall in love with him each day. Good for some laughs and definitely some tears, this movie will have you singing the Beach Boys all break long.

1. “Jaws”

This beloved film is a great way to not envy those friends of yours that are chilling beach side while you chill bedside. A not-so-scary-scary-movie is the best way to shake that FOMO.

1. “Forgetting Sarah Marshall”

Another movie that holds both laughter and tears! After Peter’s TV star girlfriend, Sarah, breaks his heart, he decides to vacation to get his mind of off it. However, they just so happen to be staying at the same resort. Nothing could go wrong there, right?

1. “You Get Me”

This Netflix original is something else. It’s a suspenseful movie that will leave you on the edge of your seat. After cheating on his girlfriend with Holly, Tyler feels guilty and remains with his girlfriend Ali. However, Holly does not take to this lightly, and creepily becomes best friends with Ali. What happens will leave you completely shocked.

1. “13 Going On 30”

Seriously, who doesn’t love this movie? Need I say more?

1. “Sisters”

Amy Poehler and Tina Fey are once again a remarkable duo in this hysterical movie. When their parent’s tell them they’re moving out of their childhood home, they decide to have one last rave, which involves old high school friends. A movie about -ahem- older people trying to live like they’re teens again is bound to have you in tears, and this doesn’t fail to do so.

1. Any Disney movie ever

Hopefully, a Disney movie was somewhere on your to-do list for this spring break. And if it wasn’t…you need to rewrite your to-do list. When in doubt, always go with a Disney classic. It’s never the wrong answer.  

All images courtesy of Google and giphy.com

Jessica Moore

Millersville

I'm currently a junior at Millersville Unversity studying biology! I started at HC as a first semester freshman and have been with it ever since. Along with writing passionately for Her Campus, I am also a member of Alpha Sigma Tau.  My passions include reading, writing, animals, and food. In my spare time, I thoroughly enjoy binging netflix, reading a good book, and taking naps.  Instagram: @jessy_poo96 Twitter: @jessy_poo96