This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Millersville chapter.

Who is Rachel Ritchey you ask? Well boy-oh-boy let me tell you! She is a Her Campus beauty with the voice of an angel and the heart of one too. She is also a good friend of mine! I had the pleasure of interviewing her and getting to know her even more. Here are some questions I asked her in our time together.

What did you want to be when you were little?

She would probably say a singer or a teacher. She has always loved to sing and when she was little she would take her stuffed animals, American Girl dolls and teach them; pretending she was their teacher.

What’s your major? 

She is a Communication studies major, but she might switch to public relations! She also has a minor in music.

Have you ever had a nickname?

It’s a little hard for her name, but most people call her Rach. Rachel’s mom, however, calls her Rachie-poo or sometimes Honey Bunches of Oats.

What do you love to do in your free time?

She loves singing and performing, listening to music, creative writing and being outside. Rachel also enjoys volunteering, working with kids and hanging out with her family and friends. She hasn’t had time recently, but yoga is a fun past time for her as well. 

{Hiya folks, just wanted to say that Rachel is super duper busy and doesn’t actually have that much free time. She’s a hard worker and is dedicated to her commitments, I admire that about her.}

How many pillows do you sleep with?

She actually only lays on 2, but she has about 7 on her bed. There’s a variety of decor pillows, regular pillows and a body pillow.

Do you have any pet peeves?

Her biggest pet peeves are when people are rude, narcissistic, slow walkers and chew with their mouth open. She also doesn’t like when people don’t clean up after themselves.

What’s your favorite movie?

Her top 3 are: The Notebook, A Walk to Remember, and The Little Mermaid.

Do you have a family tradition?

She has one with her mom, they both help the Salvation Army by ringing the bell and receiving donations around the holidays. Sometimes she also sings carols while standing there!

What would you sing at karaoke night?

If I Ain’t Got You by Alicia Keys. It’s a really belty and fun song to do. 

{It’s Devon y’all, I just wanted to add that Rachel can sing like nobody’s business and this song fits her voice well.}

Do you have a favorite quote or mantra?

“Do small things, with great love” – Mother Teresa

Interviewing Rachel and learning these little things about her was the highlight of my night and I’m so excited to learn more. She is an absolute sweetheart and I’m so lucky to have her as a friend. Welcome to the beautiful world of Rachel Ritchey.

Check out some of her writing here.

HCXO, Devon

Devon Lewars

Millersville '22

Hi I'm Devon!!! I am a history major with a double minor in Theatre and Archaeology and I live in an apartment with my bff Hannah. I love compiling playlists on Spotify, watching period dramas, and spending all of my money. Yep, that's it. LGBTQ+ <3