Alternate Halloween Celebrations

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Millersville chapter.

If any of you are like me, going out in college is just not your thing. Halloween can seem like a time where you especially feel left out when you hear and see everyone’s cute costumes and fun pictures. If you are not planning to go out for Halloween this year but want to have a fun night, here are a few ideas for you to use to still have a great weekend. 

Carve Pumpkins:

This may sound obvious but having a pumpkin carving night is really fun and helps to keep the fall vibes going way past Halloween. Gather a few large pumpkins, a couple friends and all of the Pinterest creativity you can! 

Have a Scary Movie Night:

Scary movies can be the perfect way to end your Halloween night all within the comforts of you own house. Put on some PJ’s, make some popcorn, and pop in a scary movie for a fun and relaxing time. 

Have a Costume Contest:

So you want to dress up, but don’t want to go out….no problem! Just get some friends and have everyone come over for a costume party. Have prizes for the “best costume”, “most creative costume”, etc. Make sure to have snacks and music and everyone will have a great time!

Bake:

If you plan to stay in on Halloween, you might as well bake something yummy! Make a pumpkin pie, pumpkin bread, or anything fall themed to really get you in the Halloween spirit. Try looking up recipes on Pinterest for some inspiration. 

Host a Spa Night:

While all of your friends are caking on the costume makeup, try giving your skin a little love by doing a facemask or giving yourself a mani/pedi. This Halloween alternative is great to do with friends, but also to do by yourself! Give yourself some relaxation time this Halloween night.

Hope you all have a safe and fun Halloween!

HCXO,

Lexie 

All GIFS courtesy of Giphy.com

Lexie Sites

Millersville '20

Hi! My name is Lexie Sites and I am a Early Childhood Education major with a STEM minor! HerCampus has allowed me to push my comfort zone, so I hope you enjoy reading my articles! HCXO, Lexie
The top fashion and lifestyle magazine for college women! Located in Millersville, PA <3