daughter and mom holding hands
daughter and mom holding hands
To Capture A Moment Photography
Wellness > Sex + Relationships

All That I Am, I Owe To My Mother

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Millersville chapter.

Behind every strong woman is a strong mother. Personally, my mother is the sole reason I am who I am today. She inspires, supports, and motivates me every day. My relationship with my mom has always been real and strong, and for that I am forever grateful!

While we strong women are more than capable of doing life ourselves, I don’t think our moms get enough credit. Let’s start with the fact that they carried us for nine months. They deserve an award for that alone! They loved us first when we were born, stayed up with us while we cried through the night as babies, and dealt with tantrums when we hit our terrible two’s. They loved us through our preteen “I hate you,” fights, supported us though our first breakup, and were patient when we got our first period and we thought the world was ending.

mom and daughter kiss
Burst

Moms have a different love for their daughters, one that stays constant through the highs and the lows of life. They are our rock and our role model from day one. They are our first best friend and the best secret keeper ever.

I don’t know where I would be without my mom and her strong, unconditional love. She never fails to make me smile, send me, “Good luck,” or, “Have a great day!” texts, or be waiting with open arms when I think I can’t do it anymore.

mom and daughter forehead kiss
Unsplash

So, if you still can, hug your mom a little tighter when you see her next, and thank her for shaping you into the strong woman you are today. 

P.S. Mom if you’re reading this, I love you more than you love your popcorn and wine! 

HCXO, Laura 

Laura Sheaffer

Millersville '21

My name is Laura Sheaffer and I am a senior at MU! I am a Speech Communications major with an option in Public Relations and minors in English, Writing Studies, Creative Writing & Publishing. I am active in Expressions Dance where I hold the position of the lyrical teacher and the public relations manager. I have been dancing for 18 years and love that I get to continue my passion at college. I am a personal trainer and a fitness instructor here at Millersville. When I'm not dancing or at the gym, you can find me at the library or a cute coffee shop! In my free time I enjoy reading, running and hiking.