etienne girardet Xh6BpT 1tXo unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
etienne girardet Xh6BpT 1tXo unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp
This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Millersville chapter.

Meet our writer Alyssa!

Alyssa is currently finishing her sophomore year. She is majoring in Communications-Public Relations and triple minoring in Journalism, Marketing, and Spanish. She thinks she wants to write for a magazine, but likes that her options are open with a degree in Communications.

Alyssa’s favorite topics to write about include relationships and relationship advice. This is inspired from her boyfriend, Brandon, who she has been dating for over 3 and a half years. Since Brandon is in the Army National Guard, he and Alyssa have been through a lot together and Alyssa loves sharing her insights about a happy, healthy relationships to other girls.

“I’ve been beyond blessed with Brandon. He’s really helped me see not only what a strong relationship is, but that I deserve to be happy. I want other girls to see their worth and be with someone who sees it too. Brandon sees, and brings out, the good in me,” she said.

When not out with Brandon or writing about him for Her Campus or her blog “Fueled By Coffee,” Alyssa enjoys her job as a barista at Starbucks, reading, watching The Office, or going to the gym.

“I feel like there’s an Office quote for every situation,” she commented. “I know it sounds crazy, but I feel like people are brought together by The Office, and I love relating that humor to other people and life.”

Alyssa loves finding the humor in life or the ray of sunshine through the clouds. Her main message to her audiences of Her Campus, Fueled By Coffee, and just her social interactions, is just to live your best life and be joyful.

“Life is too short to be miserable,  take each day one at a time and try to make the best of every situation,” she advised.

Alyssa’s biggest inspirations are her parents and Brandon. All of them have showed her what unconditional love really is, and how to share it. Also, they all work extremely hard but never let their work interfere with family.

Alyssa is extremely grateful for all the friends she has made through Her Campus and is excited to return in the fall!

Hannah Kateusz

Millersville

Hello, hello! I'm Hannah, a sophomore at Millersville University who is addicted to coffee and has wanderlust for the entire universe. I love all things astrology and if I could eat Chick-Fil-A everyday, I would.
The top fashion and lifestyle magazine for college women! Located in Millersville, PA <3