This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Millersville chapter.

At the start of the pandemic, I wrote an article titled Adventure can Wait. It was about all of the places I wanted to visit in the United States once the pandemic began to dwindle and restrictions were no longer in place. As of yesterday, March 19th, there was only 11,000 reported cases of COVID in the US. With warmer weather, vaccines and boosters, I’m hopeful that the end is in sight. That being said, my first goal is to plan a trip to take each year to a new destination. This summer, I am attending a conference in Pittsburg as my new place. My family and I are also planning a trip to Ecuador to visit family and celebrate my graduation. Along with those, these are 10 more destinations that I want to see before I’m 50.

Greece
Greece Santorini Travel Adventure Sunset
Jackie Ryan / Her Campus

I have always known family friends who are from Greece and I’ve come to know some of their culture and traditions. Being exposed to it allowed me to develop a love for Greek food and appreciation for their culture. I have always wanted to travel to this country and island hop to visit some of the oldest places in the world.

Tahiti

This country is known for it’s beautiful beaches and affordable day to day lifestyle. The small Polynesian island claims to have a great nightlife quite literally. The stars and the sky are beautiful in the Southern hemisphere. The Polynesian culture explodes through the area as well, with opportunities for snorkeling, over water bungalows and more.

Costa Rica

Ever since I was in high school, I’ve wanted to visit Costa Rica. Costa Rica is known for its beautiful rain forests, wildlife, beaches and more. It is an adventurer’s island for sure. The island nation has options for backpacking, rafting, volcano exploring and more. It is one of the countries I want to visit most.

Mexico

Mexico is a wonderful option because a few dollars/pesos will get you some of the best street food in the world. As a Spanish speaker, any Spanish speaking country is a success for me. I want to visit Mexico because of the cost, nightlife and to see these beautiful temples. I don’t want a spring break in Cancun, but rather a night in Mexico City or in the Yucatan.

Travel Mexico Hat Adventure
Jackie Ryan / Her Campus
Iceland

Iceland has constantly been previously mentioned. This country is increasingly becoming a larger tourist location because of its natural beauty. Iceland has a lot of pretty natural geothermal springs, mountains, lagoons and even the Northern lights. Iceland is increasingly becoming traveler-friendly and is my number 1 dream location.

The Uk

Now, I say the UK because there is so much here. Wales, Scotland, Ireland, and England all have their own amazing perks. I even considered at one point studying abroad in the UK. The UK has beautiful layouts of their countries, easily one of the prettiest parts of Europe. From a historian’s point of view, this is one of the nicest places to explore due to its rich history everywhere.

Japan

I’m not a huge fish person, but sushi is growing on me. Japan is a super neat country because of its technology advances as well as delicious cuisine and unique culture. I constantly see different things to check out in Japan on my Instagram feed, from solo ramen shops to automated dinner conveyor belts. The country is highly adapted to the needs of introverts.

AUstralia

Australia was another one of those places I considered for study abroad. Though we know every creature in Australia is trying to kill you, the country itself has beautiful shorelines. The Australian coast is known for its friendly people, clear surfing waters and more. I have always wanted to learn how to surf, and it is a skill I hope to learn in this lifetime.

Italy

Italy is one country that always stays in the back of my mind. Its amazing countryside and cities attract people from all over the world. Italy’s wine country is backed up by delicious food and an inviting and homey culture.

The Netherlands

Lastly is the Netherlands. Amsterdam and other cities again appeal to the historian in me. The Netherlands are home to hundreds of historical sites. The country also has very pretty canals and small towns, similar to Italy and many other European countries.

The travel bug has hit me and I am expecting to start seeing the world with my boyfriend in the next few years. I hope to fill my life with adventure and exploration to satisfy my need to learn more and see more.

HCXO,

Cecilia

Cecilia Arvelo

Millersville '22

Cecilia is a Senior at Millersville University. She is a Secondary Education major concentrated in Social Studies. In her free time, she loves to read, watch movies, drive around and explore. She loves writing for Her Campus, being a part of Campus Trendsetters, and exploring all of Her Campus's opportunities.