This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Millersville chapter.

October is Adopt a Shelter Dog Month. The ASPCA sponsors this month-long event to advocate for people to adopt dogs from local shelters. 

According to the ASPCA, 3.3 million dogs enter shelters every year. There are hundreds of thousands of dogs that are waiting for loving home! Despite common belief, you can still find a certain type of breed or a dog with a certain kind of personality in a shelter. Shelters work with you to match you with the perfect dog!

To celebrate Adopt a Shelter Dog Month, you can *obviously* adopt a shelter dog instead of buying a dog from a breeder or store. If you’re not in search of a dog currently, you can support local shelters by making donations, and even volunteering.

Adopting a shelter dog was the best decision my family ever made! Shelter dogs are some of the most loving, appreciative animals.

HCXO,

Hannah

Hannah Mader

Millersville '21

Hi! I'm Hannah, I am a senior Speech Communications major with an option in Public Relations. I grew up in Lancaster PA, and spent my first year of college at New York University before transferring to Millersville. I am obsessed with astrology!
The top fashion and lifestyle magazine for college women! Located in Millersville, PA <3