8 Thoughts Everyone Has During Recruitment

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Millersville chapter.

It’s that time of year again: recruitment. In the beginning of spring semester, formal recruitment is held. This is the time when young, bright-eyed girls sign up wanting to join a sisterhood and learn more about Greek Life. For a week, they go through recruitment where they meet every sorority, the sisters, and learn more about each individual chapter. This all leads up to bid day when they get to see where their new “home” will be. During this process, it can be a very stressful time for not only the girls going through recruitment, but for all the sororities as well. Here are some thoughts that everyone has going through there mind during recruitment. 

1. Are they always this peppy?

I think my cheeks might permanately be stuck in this position from smiling so much.

2. Why is everyone chanting when we walk in?

Do I have to chant something back or is this normal? 

3. How many times am I going to have to say my name and major?

At this point, I think I’m starting to forget my own name

4. Which sorority is this again?

Why so they all have repeating letters like “Gamma” and “Delta”? Why do some have the same letters in their name over and over? 

5. I don’t even remember meeting this girl but she knows my name

Where was I when this meeting happened? 

6. Will I get a bid from anyone?

*Internally screaming all week*

7. Do they actually look at my social media?

Wait, how many pictures is TOO many pictures of my dog looking cute? Do they take that into consideration?

8. I can’t wait to be a part of something like this

In the end, I’ll always find my home away from home and I’m so glad I got to experience this all!

*All images courtsey of Giphy

The top fashion and lifestyle magazine for college women! Located in Millersville, PA <3