6 Ways to Give Your Valentine’s Day a Little Va-Va Voom!

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Millersville chapter.

Valentine’s Day is one of those holidays that girls love or just see as another opportunity to buy herself a heart-shaped Whitman’s sampler and watch chick flicks with a box of Kleenex. But I’m going to make sure that your V-Day is simply fabulous, whether you have someone to share it with or not.

Personally, I’ve always loved this holiday, mainly because I love the colors red and pink, and roses are my favorite flowers. Here’s my guide to pampering yourself this Tuesday. Happy Hearts Day!

Burt’s Bees is obviously no secret: what girl doesn’t love this stuff? However, this Replenishing Lip Balm with Pomegranate Oil kicks it up another notch. It doesn’t just take care of chapped or cracked lips; it adds a sheer red shimmer, perfect for a come-hither pout.

This has been one of my favorite scents since junior high. Gap So Pink body spray is a clean yet fun and flirty scent that features pink grapefruit. Plus it comes in a travel-sized bottle to throw in your purse for on-the-go rejuvenation. 

Victoria’s Secret Vanilla Lace Body Lotion is my all-time favorite vanilla scented product. Its sweet and creamy smell jolts you with a hit of musk which ups the sexy factor. No one can resist this smell.

I love Sephora’s brand of nail polish, but I fell even harder once I bought this perfect burgundy shade called It-Girl. It looks perfect against any skin tone and looks beautiful for a manicure or pedicure color choice.

For those of you who love pin-up girls and vintage glam (and I know I do!), this shirt is a must-have. It’s perfect with dark skinny jeans and flats or heels for a sassy Valentine’s Day look.

For those of you who say “I love you” in a different language, this fun tee is for you. This would look adorable with a black skirt or skinny jeans and a blazer.

Photo Sources:
www.drugstore.com
www.perfumeemporium.com
www.sephora.com
www.victoriassecret.com
www.shopstyle.com

Amber Strazzo

Millersville

Amber Strazzo was born in Queens, NY, but raised in Lancaster, PA. She is currently a Senior at Millersville University, studying Public Relations and Journalism. Amber is the Vice President of Programs of the Xi Tau chapter of Delta Zeta, and is very active in Greek life on her campus. She's a self-proclaimed social media junkie, and loves shopping, her Nook and catching up episodes of Pretty Little Liars. After college, Amber plans to head south for grad school for student affairs.