6 Easy Steps to Acing This Semester

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Millersville chapter.

1. Stay organized by using a calendar

These beautiful agendas are by Lilly Pulitzer and come in many different designs and even sizes. One thing I do at the start of every semester is take my classes’ syllabi and add all the important due dates into my calendar. I also add in a preparation note so I am reminded of the assignment at least two weeks before its due date.

2. Stay organized during class

It’s not only important to stay organized for planning and assignments, but it’s also super important to stay organized during class! Ways to accomplish this task is by using a color-coding system and by highlighting important facts.

For my color-coding needs, I always buy Pilot G2 07! You can easily find these amazing pens by simply going to Walmart, Kmart or any other convenient store nearby. For all my highlighting needs, I buy Sharpie Accent highlighters. Just like the Pilot pens, you can find these highlighters at any store that sells office supplies.

3. Don’t procrastinate!

I know it’s hard to stay motivated during the semester, but it’s so important to stay on track! So stay focused, keep working, and don’t give up! You won’t regret it.

4. Take care of yourself

Now, I’m not saying you should skip class to take care of yourself, because missing class only causes stress and poor participation marks. But you should never overlook the importance of getting enough sleep or even making enough time to relax! Get your work done, then reward yourself. And remember, rewarding yourself doesn’t always have to cost money, you could always set aside time for binge-watching a Netflix show or even just allowing yourself to sleep in!

5. Don’t be afraid to ask your professors for help

I know sometimes assignments are difficult, but don’t stress too much. Professors are here to help you, so don’t be afraid to ask them. If you need more help than your professor has office hours for, then you can always get a tutor! If you need help with a writing assignment, you can always go to the Writing Center located in the library.

6. Start a study group

Study groups come in handy whenever a major exam or project is approaching. Just make sure that the people you choose for your group will not distract you from the task at hand! Also, keep the group small!

I hope these tips inspired you to work smarter and harder this semester. Good luck, collegiettes! You got this!

Elizabeth Nace

Millersville

The top fashion and lifestyle magazine for college women! Located in Millersville, PA <3